Mavericks Re-Sign Forwards Eick, Ulett for 2019-20 Season
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced their first player signings for the 2019-20 season Wednesday. The club announced they have signed forwards C.J Eick and Loren Ulett to Standard Player's Contracts for the upcoming season. The signings are the Mavericks first of the offseason.
Eick, who tallied 27 points on 12 goals and 15 assists in 70 games for Kansas City last season, returns to the Mavericks for his third season with the club. In 92 career games for the Mavs, the Appleton, Wisconsin native has totaled 13 goals and 20 assists for 33 points. A five-foot-seven, 161-pound spark plug, Eick provides the Mavericks with nearly 200 games of ECHL experience. His next game will be his 200th career game in the ECHL. The 27-year old was one of the Mavericks most disciplined players last year, tying for second on the team with a plus-12 plus/minus rating and 24 penalty minutes.
Ulett enters his second year with the club, after being signed from the Southern Professional Hockey League's Birmingham Bulls halfway through the season. In 38 games with Kansas City last season, Ulett scored three goals and assisted on five goals for eight points. The six-foot-one, 209 pounder's hard hitting playing style resulted in 93 penalty minutes, good for third on the team in the category in just over a half season's worth of games. The 24-year old from Port Perry, Ontario, Canada also excelled in the postseason, scoring two goals in the Mavericks 4-3 victory over the Tulsa Oilers in Game Five of the 2019 Mountain Division Semifinals.
The Mavericks will continue to announce player signings in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned to kcmavericks.com and Mavs social media for updates.
The Kansas City Mavericks begin their 11th season this fall at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. The 2019-20 home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 12 as the Mavericks take on the Indy Fuel at 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 26, 2019
- Admirals Awarded 2018-19 ECHL Ticket Department of the Year - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Poulsen Becomes First Player Signed for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Re-Sign Forwards Eick, Ulett for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Enter Affiliation with Carolina Hurricanes - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Receive 2018-19 ECHL Team Award of Excellence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Adirondack Civic Center Coalition and City of Glens Falls Enter New Five-Year Lease - Adirondack Thunder
- Over 200 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings Presented by Fevo - ECHL
- Defenseman Jeff King Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Vaive Returns for 2019-20 Season - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Master - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Nine-Game Television Partnership with KMBC-KCWE
- Mavericks Re-Sign Defenseman Brett Beauvais
- Mavericks Send VanWormer and Sherbinin's Rights to Norfolk for Nogard's Rights and Futures
- Mavericks Add Rookie Defenseman Cole Fraser and Rookie Forward Bryan Lemos
- Mavericks Sign Forward Kozun and Blueliner McKernan