Tyler Poulsen Becomes First Player Signed for 2019-20
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush announced today that forward Tyler Poulsen is the first player signed for the upcoming 2019-20 ECHL season.
Poulsen joined the Rush last season in a trade for future considerations during Training Camp 2018 with the Allen Americans. The 5'9", 175-pound forward completed his first full professional campaign with the Rush, amassing 30 points, split between 15 goals and assists in 57 games. Among the many highlights of his season last year were three multi-goal outings and eight multi-point nights, the latter of which saw him record a career-high 4 points (1g-3ast) against the Allen Americans on December 5th in a 6-3 win on the road.
"I'm so excited to announce I'll be wearing the 'R' on my chest for a second season. I had a great opportunity to play last season and had a ton of fun doing it, so it was a no-brainer to sign back," Poulsen commented regarding his return for the 2019-20 ECHL season. "The coaching staff constantly worked with me to improve every day, and afforded me the opportunity to figure out what kind of player I wanted to be at the professional level. I accomplished my goal and surpassed it by 10 points in my rookie season, so I'm hoping to improve even further offensively, be a leader in the locker room, and be a great teammate that brings a championship mindset. I'm very grateful for our awesome fans, and can't wait to achieve what they expect of us next season."
"I'm proud to announce Tyler as not only my first player signing of the offseason, but also as my first returning player from last year," Rush Head Coach Daniel Tetrault said regarding Poulsen. "Tyler came to us in training camp via a trade looking to prove something, and through his quick shot and brilliant skating, etched himself into our lineup as a legitimate threat. He works hard, does the little things right on and off the ice, and loves playing for this community. Tyler was so lethal as a rookie at times last year that he has the potential to put up anywhere between 20 and 30 goals this season. His signing is a great start to my third offseason as the Head Coach of the Rush."
A native of Arvada, Colorado, Poulsen officially began his professional career in March of 2018 with the Allen Americans, appearing in two games and recording his first professional goal on March 18th against the Colorado Eagles. He played 88 games of NCAA hockey with the University of Alabama-Huntsville, registering 38 points (15g-23ast). Preceding his collegiate hockey career, he spent parts of five seasons in the NAHL with the Kenai River Brown Bears, Aberdeen Wings, Odessa Jackalopes, and Topeka Roadrunners. Poulsen earned All-NAHL Team honors in the 2013-14 season with Topeka, earning 29 goals, 32 assists, and 61 points in 56 games, while adding another 17 points (7g-10ast) in 11 playoff games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 26, 2019
- Admirals Awarded 2018-19 ECHL Ticket Department of the Year - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Poulsen Becomes First Player Signed for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Re-Sign Forwards Eick, Ulett for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Enter Affiliation with Carolina Hurricanes - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Receive 2018-19 ECHL Team Award of Excellence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Adirondack Civic Center Coalition and City of Glens Falls Enter New Five-Year Lease - Adirondack Thunder
- Over 200 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings Presented by Fevo - ECHL
- Defenseman Jeff King Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Vaive Returns for 2019-20 Season - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Master - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.