Adirondack Civic Center Coalition and City of Glens Falls Enter New Five-Year Lease
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Civic Center Coalition has formally entered into a new five-year lease with the City of Glens Falls to operate Cool Insuring Arena. The lease officially begins January 1, 2020 and will be effective until December 31, 2024.
"We've seen tremendous progress over the past five years, and we look forward to the progress we will see over the next five." Dan Burke, President of the Adirondack Civic Center Coalition, Board of Directors said today. "We are not where we are today without the support of our community, the Warren County Board of Supervisors, the City of Glens Falls, former Mayor Jack Diamond, current Mayor Dan Hall, Senator Betty Little, Assemblyman Dan Stec, our partners, and the great Adirondack Thunder hockey fans."
"I am excited about the future of the Cool Insuring Arena. The arena plays a vital role in our community. It enhances the quality of life in the tri-county area and serves as an economic engine for the region." Said Mayor Dan Hall. "The arena is in good hands. I think others at the county level and in neighboring communities see that too. This agreement is proof of that. There's a willingness to share the funding challenges in keeping the venue viable and moving forward and those funding challenges no longer fall uniquely on the backs of city taxpayers.
The Coalition is taking the arena in a positive direction and I believe they are the people who are best qualified to move the arena forward. They have a vision and have the drive to bring that vision to fruition. I'm looking forward to the next several years as the Coalition works with the community to help the Cool Insuring Arena achieve its full potential."
For more information and updates on events occurring at Cool Insuring Arena, visit CoolInsuringArena.com, call 518-798-0366, visit the Upstate Chevy Box Office or follow along on social media @CoolInsArena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 26, 2019
- Admirals Awarded 2018-19 ECHL Ticket Department of the Year - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Poulsen Becomes First Player Signed for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Re-Sign Forwards Eick, Ulett for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Enter Affiliation with Carolina Hurricanes - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Receive 2018-19 ECHL Team Award of Excellence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Adirondack Civic Center Coalition and City of Glens Falls Enter New Five-Year Lease - Adirondack Thunder
- Over 200 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings Presented by Fevo - ECHL
- Defenseman Jeff King Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Vaive Returns for 2019-20 Season - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Master - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.