Mavericks' Forward Kris Hogg Named CHL Rookie of the Month
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Central Hockey League announced Friday Mavericks' forward Kris Hogg has been named the recipient of the first 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month for October of 2011. The first-year forward will receive a special gift courtesy of 50/50 Central and the Central Hockey League.
Hogg is averaging a point-a-game through the first five games of the season with two goals and three assists. His +6 plus/minus rating not only leads all rookies but is tied for the highest total in the league among all skaters.
The Sicamous, British Columbia native has multiple point efforts in two of his five games this season and has helped propel the Mavericks to the top of the Turner Conference with a 5-0 record and 10 points.
A former fourth round draft selection of the Calgary Flames in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Hogg joined the Mavs after a four-year college career at Lakehead University where he totaled 50 goals and 56 assists in 102 games.
50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month
Kris Hogg, Missouri Mavericks
Games - 5
Points - 5
Goals - 2
Assists - 3
Plus/Minus - +6
The Mavericks will try to make it six for six on their season-long road trip when they travel to Wichita to take on the Thunder on tonight. The Mavericks home opener is Saturday, November 5 against the Thunder. Missouri plays home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2011
- Rush Dealt First Regulation Loss of Season, Drop 3-2 Decision in Fort Wayne - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Rout Bucks 6-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Lose on the Road to Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Win Sixth Straight to Open Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dunn, Murray, Shutout Texas, Bees Win 1-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bucks Fall to Oilers - Laredo Bucks
- Dayton Comes from Behind, Drops Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Battle Back with Special Team Excellence in 5-4 - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs Hold on for 3-2 Win Over Allen - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Drop Decision to Visiting IceMen - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks' Forward Kris Hogg Named CHL Rookie of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Kris Hogg Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
- Americans Return Home Tonight Vs Arizona - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Waive Ryan Jorde - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Shots from the Point for November 4, 2011 - CHL
- Dayton Gems Game Day - Gems at Quad City Mallards - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita