Mavericks Assigned Randy McNaught from Connecticut
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Friday morning forward Randy McNaught has been assigned to their roster from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL). McNaught, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound forward from Nanaimo, British Columbia was the seventh round pick (190th overall) of the New York Rangers in the 2010 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft.
"We are excited to add Randy's presence to the team at this crucial and busy time in our schedule," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "The Rangers are anxious to see their young prospect develop and we feel very fortunate and privileged that they entrusted us to work with him."
This season, McNaught has played in five games, one with the Whale and four with the Greenville Road Warriors of the ECHL. McNaught spent five seasons playing Junior-A hockey in the Western Hockey League (WHL) for the Chilliwack Bruins (three seasons), Saskatoon Blades (one season) and Vancouver Giants (one season), prior to being drafted by the Rangers. In his five seasons in the WHL, the 21-year-old scored 15 goals and recorded 12 assists for 27 points, while amassing 321 penalty minutes in 154 games.
The Mavericks are in town for two games this weekend at Independence Events Center. Friday night, the Mavs wrap up their season series with the Arizona Sundogs before taking on the rival Wichita Thunder on Saturday night. Tickets are available at the Independence Events Center Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.TicketMaster.com . Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2012
- IceMen Topple Oilers for Second Time in Six Days - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks' Comeback Falls Short - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Topple Mavericks in 3-1 Win - Arizona Sundogs
- Davis, Hogan Push Thunder Past Mallards - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Shut Down by Arizona, 3-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Guggenberger Shuts Out Bees 1-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Blaze Win Physical Battle in Fort Wayne - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Edges Mallards 2-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Fall in Shootout to Allen 2-1 Friday Night at Hara - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Ink Defenseman Matt Ridley - Tulsa Oilers
- CHL Game Recaps Now Available Through Pointstreak - CHL
- Davis Activated from IR, Bourret Placed on 10-Day - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Assigned Randy McNaught from Connecticut - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Return Home to Host Allen Tonight at 7pm - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for February 17, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.