Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Minnesota United
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts 2017 MLS expansion counterpart Minnesota United at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 7 p.m. EST and will be televised on FOX Sports South. For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and game notes.
Atlanta United is 2-1-0 all-time against Minnesota United. Atlanta won away matches at TCF Bank Stadium in 2017 and 2018 but dropped the only meeting at Mercedes-Benz Stadium 3-2 in October 2017. Josef Martinez leads Atlanta with three goals against Minnesota. Atlanta returns home after completing its recent three-game road trip and will host Minnesota and Chicago Fire Saturday before an international break from MLS play. Since moving into Mercedes-Benz Stadium in September 2017, Atlanta has recorded 19 wins, which is tied for the most in MLS.
Minnesota is coming off a 1-0 home win over Houston Dynamo on May 25, as defender Romain Metanire scored the game's only goal at Allianz Field. Minnesota has won two games in a row heading into the matchup with Atlanta and is 3-4-0 away from home this season. Forward Darwin Quintero leads the team with five goals on the season while Metanire has recorded a team-high five assists.
Wednesday, May 29 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA |7 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (6-5-2, 20 points) vs. Minnesota United (6-4-3, 21 points)
English TV | FOX Sports South
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game
6 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
6:30 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 28, 2019
- Minnesota United FC vs. Atlanta United Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Elis, Figueroa, Quioto Named to Honduras Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers: Nan100 - Orlando City SC
- Three FC Dallas Players Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Minnesota United - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Ends Homestand Wednesday vs. LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Timbers, Starlight Parade, Portland Bureau of Transportation Welcome Public to a Grand Party June 1 in Downtown Portland - Portland Timbers
- Impact Hosts Real Salt Lake Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Visits Montreal Impact in First of Two-Match East Coast Swing - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team Today, Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy set to face Sporting KC, New England Revolution in last contests before international break - LA Galaxy
- Portland to Unveil Long-Awaited Providence Park Renovations - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Joins Major League Soccer's Ã¢ÂÂMLS Unites' Campaign
- Atlanta United Statement on Training Moratoriums
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Announces Nearly $5.4 Million in Funding for COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One