LA Galaxy set to face Sporting KC, New England Revolution in last contests before international break
LOS ANGELES- The LA Galaxy (8-5-1, 25 points) have another double-game week ahead, first traveling to face Sporting KC at 5:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 29 at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. (Spectrum SportsNet). Then, the Galaxy will return home to host the New England Revolution at 7:30 p.m. PT on Sunday, June 2 against LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park (Spectrum SportsNet).
On Sunday, the Galaxy will host their 6th Annual Pride Night. The Galaxy will partner with the Los Angeles LGBT Center, the world's largest LGBT organization, as part of its 50th-anniversary celebration. For more information about Pride Night, click here.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to the LA Galaxy this week after completing his two-game suspension. He scored in the Galaxy's last trip to Kansas City, a 1-1 draw on Oct. 6, 2018. All-time the Galaxy are 24-23-15 against Sporting KC, going 8-16-8 on the road.
Against the Revolution, the Galaxy are 19-16-7 all-time, and 12-5-4 against them in home games. Chris Pontius scored a brace in the Galaxy's 3-2 over the Revolution at Gillette Stadium last July. Dave Romney also scored in the match.
Over the weekend, the Galaxy snapped a four-game losing streak with a 1-0 win over Orlando City SC. Jonathan dos Santos scored his second goal of the season and David Bingham saved his first penalty of the season to propel Galaxy to victory.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 28, 2019
- Minnesota United FC vs. Atlanta United Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Elis, Figueroa, Quioto Named to Honduras Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers: Nan100 - Orlando City SC
- Three FC Dallas Players Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Minnesota United - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Ends Homestand Wednesday vs. LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Timbers, Starlight Parade, Portland Bureau of Transportation Welcome Public to a Grand Party June 1 in Downtown Portland - Portland Timbers
- Impact Hosts Real Salt Lake Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Visits Montreal Impact in First of Two-Match East Coast Swing - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team Today, Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy set to face Sporting KC, New England Revolution in last contests before international break - LA Galaxy
- Portland to Unveil Long-Awaited Providence Park Renovations - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Launch TOGETHER AT HOME Campaign
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Watch Party Schedule, Presented by Modelo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1 - Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Grass Berm at Dignity Health Sports Park Returns for Saturday's LA Galaxy Home Opener