Mark Adamek Activated Off Injured Reserve
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, an ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers, has announced defenseman Mark Adamek has been activated off the seven-day injured reserve list, left wing Adam Huxley has been placed on the three-day injured reserve list, and defenseman Frank Rediker has been transferred from the three-day to seven-day injured reserve list (all moves retroactive to November 29).
Adamek is scheduled to return to the Thunder lineup Friday against the Long Beach Ice Dogs at Stockton Arena.
In his first full professional season, Adamek has scored a goal and two assists along with a +3 rating in 11 games this season with Stockton. The Hollister, California native originally started his professional career with the San Diego Gulls (ECHL) in 2005-06, garnering two assists in 11 games. Mark originally spent four years (2002-06) of collegiate hockey with Lake Superior State University (NCAA), tallying 13 points (0g-13a) in 120 career games, along with 77 penalty minutes.
Huxley has recorded two assists in 15 games this season with Stockton, along with a +5 rating and team-leading 73 penalty minutes.
The Thunder continues its season-long nine-game homestand on Friday, December 1 against Long Beach, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena. The game can be heard live on the internet (free-of-charge) and is available for viewing at a $6 "pay-per-view" rate at www.stocktonthunder.com (courtesy of B2 Networks).
The Thunder drew 228,364 fans to Stockton Arena in its inaugural season, the ECHL's best attendance mark for 2005-06. Thunder season tickets, mini-plans, group tickets and individual tickets for the 2006-07 season are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 30, 2006
- Grizzlies Snap RoadRunners' Winning Streak 3-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Stewart's first gives Grizzlies 3-2 win over Phoenix - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx fire 50 shots in 5-2 win over Ice Pilots - Augusta Lynx
- Franck Reassigned to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Come Out and Welcome Your Wildcatters Home on Sunday - Texas Wildcatters
- 'Blades Ready for Teddy Bear Toss - Florida Everblades
- Bombers to host Columbus Blue Jackets Family Night - Dayton Bombers
- Kozak recalled to Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Goalie Mike Morrison Assigned To RoadRunners - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Some Lucky Guy To Be Broadcaster For A Night - Reading Royals
- Mark Adamek Activated Off Injured Reserve - Stockton Thunder
- Nailers Acquire Defensemen From Steelheads - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Host Teddy Bear Toss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roadrunners Experience Joy of Six, 4-3 - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Salmon Kings iced by Aces - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Alaska trounces Victoria, 6-1 - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls