Los Angeles Reacquires Marcus White
EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have reacquired forward Marcus White and waived forward Ryan Forehan-Kelly due to injury, it was announced today. The active roster now stands at 10.
White was originally drafted by the D-Fenders in the third round (38th selection) of the 2007 NBA Development League Draft, but missed 51 games for the D-Fenders after tearing the meniscus in his right knee in Los Angeles' season opener on November 25, 2007. The 6'8" forward finished his collegiate career at Purdue where he averaged 10.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in 19.2 minutes a contest. He spent his first three seasons at the University of Connecticut where he won a National Championship in 2004.
Forehan-Kelly scored seven points and grabbed five rebounds in 27 minutes off the bench for the D-Fenders in their 2008-09 season opener against Bakersfield.
White will be in uniform for tonight's game in Bakersfield.
The D-Fenders, in conjunction with Spalding, are offering FREE tickets to their game against the Tulsa 66ers on Sunday, December 7th as part of their "Season of Cheering." Tip-off is scheduled for 12:00pm at STAPLES Center. For information on how to get your free tickets, visit www.D-Fenders.com or call (310) 426-6000.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2008
- BayHawks Drop Vipers From Unbeaten Ranks 101-87 - Erie BayHawks
- Erie BayHawks Make It Two In a Row - Erie BayHawks
- Thunderbirds Road Weekend Series Starts Thursday, December 3 - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Drive Time-Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Flash Point Early December - Utah Flash
- New Media Director Joins Albuquerque Thunderbirds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Toros Win Close Game in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Los Angeles Reacquires Marcus White - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- 66ers Acquire Forward Ronald Dupree - Tulsa 66ers
- Toros Acquire Andre Brown - Austin Spurs
- 66ers ask for food donations on Opening Night - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt