Long Island Nets Acquire Joe Cremo and Ismael Sanogo
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired guard Joe Cremo and forward Ismael Sanogo from the available player pool. In corresponding moves, the Nets have requested waivers on guard Jahmal McMurray and forward Angel Nunez.
Cremo was originally selected by the Nets with the 27th pick in the fourth round of the 2019 NBA G League Draft. During the 2018-19 season, Cremo played 36 games (five starts) with Villanova as a graduate transfer, recording averages of 4.0 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 16.6 minutes per contest. The Scotia, N.Y., native previously appeared in 100 games (68 starts) over three collegiate seasons (2015-18) at Albany, averaging 14.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 30.5 minutes per game.
Sanogo returns to the Nets after spending the 2018-19 NBA G League season with Long Island. He played in 23 games for the Nets last season, averaging 2.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per contest. Sanogo previously spent four seasons (2014-18) at Seton Hall University, where he suited up in 111 games (68 starts) and averaged 3.9 points and 5.2 rebounds in 21.5 minutes per game.
McMurray appeared in 12 games for Long Island this season, averaging 8.2 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 15.3 minutes per contest. He was originally acquired via trade following the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
Nunez appeared in six games for the Nets, averaging 0.8 points and 0.7 rebounds in 6.5 minutes per game. He was originally acquired by Long Island as a local tryout player.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 12, 2019
- NBA G League Expands to Mexico City in Landmark Partnership with Capitanes - G League
- Thunder Waives Devon Hall - Oklahoma City Blue
- Thunder Signs Kevin Hervey to Two-Way Contract - Oklahoma City Blue
- NAZ Suns to Host Buckets' Birthday Luau on Sunday, Presented by Findlay Toyota Prescott - Northern Arizona Suns
- Timberwolves Assign Naz Reid to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Acquire Lakeland Native Corey Sanders - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets Acquire Joe Cremo and Ismael Sanogo - Long Island Nets
- Mad Ants Acquire Ben Moore - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Field Set for FIBA Intercontinental Cup with Tenerife Announced as Host - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Drops Overtime Thriller - Oklahoma City Blue
- Hustle Finish Strong against Sioux Falls, Stay Unbeaten at Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Finish Strong against Sioux Falls, Stay Unbeaten at Home - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Win Overtime Thriller at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations
- Long Island Nets Defeat Greensboro Swarm on Franchise-Record Shooting Night
- Long Island Nets to Host Second-Annual 'You Make the Call' Referee Clinic this Monday, February 24
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer
- Long Island Nets Acquire Phil Cofer