Legends Can't Stop Drive in Series Finale
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Leg ends drop the series to the Greenville Drive with a 4-1 loss on Sunday afternoon. The Legends record now sits at 38-35 while Greenville improves to 35-39.
In the top of the first inning, Legends starter Zach Haake issued six straight walks allowing three runs and the Drive jumped out to an early 3-0 lead.
Lexington plated their only run of the game in the bottom of the second inning. Nick Hutchins reached on an infield single then came around to score on an RBI single to right field by Jackson Lueck and the Legends trailed 3-1.
In the top of the fourth inning, Brandon Howlett led off with a single to right field then moved to second on a single by Dylan Hardy. Cole Brannen then singled home Howlett with a base knock to right field and the Drive led 4-1.
Hunter Haworth was awarded the victory pitching 3.1 perfect innings while striking out six. Zach Haake was given the loss recording one out in the first inning allowing three runs while walking six.
During the game and Pride Week Kickoff event, the Legends and their fans were able to raise $16,454 in funds for 10 local LGBTQ+ organizations that attended the game and event.
The Legends now welcome in the Columbia Fireflies for a three-game series beginning tomorrow, Monday June 24 at 7:05pm.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Stowers' Longball Not Enough to Mount RiverDogs Comeback - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Offense Explodes in Series Finale against Asheville - Columbia Fireflies
- Gonzalez & Aparicio Collect Three Hits in Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Kannapolis Notches First Series Win of Second Half - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Jackets Fall in Extra Frames 4-3 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Can't Stop Drive in Series Finale - Lexington Legends
- Asheville Battles But Loses Wild Day Game - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Earns Series Split with 8-4 Win vs Hagerstown - Rome Braves
- Late Rome Runs Keep Suns at Bay - Hagerstown Suns
- Vespi Flexes, 'Birds Blank 'Hoppers Again - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Late BlueClaws Rally Sinks Power in Finale - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 23 at Asheville (Game 70) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 23) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Announces Managers for Battle of the Bourbon Trail Teams
- Legends Announce Battle of the Bourbon Trail with Florence Y'Alls
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Baseball Will be Played at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in 2020
- Statement from the Lexington Legends