Gonzalez & Aparicio Collect Three Hits in Win
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads defeated the Charleston RiverDogs 5-3 on Sunday evening. The 'Dads won the series three games to one.
Rangers number one prospect Hans Crouse got the start in his return from a stint in Arizona. Crouse pitched three hitless innings, struck out two, and walked two.
In the bottom of the fourth the 'Dads got on the board to take a 1-0 lead. Pedro Gonzalez doubled and advanced to third on a wild pitch. He scored on a sacrifice fly by Frainyer Chavez.
The RiverDogs erased the 'Dads lead in the top of the fourth with a pair of runs off lefty Grant Wolfram.
The Crawdads answered with three runs in the bottom of the inning. Miguel Aparicio got things started with a triple. Jax Biggers tied the game with a single to right. Tyreque Reed hit a double that brought Biggers around to score. Gonzalez gave the 'Dads their fourth run of the game with a single that scored Reed.
Charleston got a run back in the sixth inning but still trailed 4-3.
The 'Dads added on another run in the in eighth inning to take a 5-3 lead. Miguel Aparicio hit a two-out double to right. Biggers singled him in to give them a two run lead.
The homestand continues tomorrow night as the Hagerstown Suns come to town for the first time since 2017. It is Make A Difference Monday presented by Catawba Shoe Store and fans who donate baby items for the Pregnancy Care Center can receive a free ticket to the game. It is also OJ Night and who bring orange juice can get a free ticket. Fans who drive a white Ford Bronco will get free parking.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Stowers' Longball Not Enough to Mount RiverDogs Comeback - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Offense Explodes in Series Finale against Asheville - Columbia Fireflies
- Gonzalez & Aparicio Collect Three Hits in Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Kannapolis Notches First Series Win of Second Half - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Jackets Fall in Extra Frames 4-3 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Can't Stop Drive in Series Finale - Lexington Legends
- Asheville Battles But Loses Wild Day Game - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Earns Series Split with 8-4 Win vs Hagerstown - Rome Braves
- Late Rome Runs Keep Suns at Bay - Hagerstown Suns
- Vespi Flexes, 'Birds Blank 'Hoppers Again - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Late BlueClaws Rally Sinks Power in Finale - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 23 at Asheville (Game 70) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 23) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.