Legends Acquire Tyler Davis
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have acquired center Tyler Davis off of waivers.
Davis (6-10, 266, Texas A&M) played 10 games with the Mexico City Capitanes this season averaging 11.9 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, and 1.6 blocks in 24.9 minutes per game. A three-year starter for the Aggies, he earned SEC honors every year and put up career-high numbers as a junior, averaging 14.9 points, 8.9 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.4 blocks.
Davis went undrafted in the 2018 NBA Draft but signed a two-way contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder. In 15 games with the Blue, Davis averaged 17.2 points, 11.5 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and 1.7 blocks. The native Texan played in Korea last season averaging 14.2 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks in 44 games.
The Legends host the Santa Cruz Warriors in a double-header this weekend with both Friday and Saturday's game tipping off at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2022
- Magic Fall to Go-Go at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Skyhawks Defeat Gold 120-94 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Legends Acquire Tyler Davis - Texas Legends
- Mad Ants Acquire Andrew Rowsey from Available Player Pool - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Craig Randall II Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- NBA G League News & Notes: January 11 - G League
- Whitley Penn Presents Family Gateway Night at the Legends this Friday - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Use Stellar Third Quarter to Down Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- 103-93 Victory Gives Force Sweep of Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Defeat the Nets in Final Seconds - Raptors 905
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.