Mad Ants Acquire Andrew Rowsey from Available Player Pool
Fort Wayne Mad Ants have acquired Andrew Rowsey from the NBA G League's available player pool.
Rowsey last played for Raptors 905 last weekend during their series in Fort Wayne against the Mad Ants. He averaged 4.5 points over 13.3 minutes per game this regular season in two games. During the Showcase Cup season, Rowsey played in nine games, averaging 6.4 points and 1.9 assists per game.
Rowsey is a native of Lexington, Virginia. He ended his high school career as the second leading scorer in Virginia High School League history behind Allen Iverson. He went on to play at UNC Asheville and Marquette.
He will wear number 5 with the Mad Ants.
In a related move, the Mad Ants waived Jaylen Fisher. Fisher appeared in one game with the Mad Ants.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2022
- Magic Fall to Go-Go at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Skyhawks Defeat Gold 120-94 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Legends Acquire Tyler Davis - Texas Legends
- Mad Ants Acquire Andrew Rowsey from Available Player Pool - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Craig Randall II Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- NBA G League News & Notes: January 11 - G League
- Whitley Penn Presents Family Gateway Night at the Legends this Friday - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Use Stellar Third Quarter to Down Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- 103-93 Victory Gives Force Sweep of Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Defeat the Nets in Final Seconds - Raptors 905
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.