LAFC Takes on Philadelphia Union on Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) continues its third campaign in MLS with a home fixture against Philadelphia Union on Sunday, March 8 at Banc of California Stadium. The Week 2 contest will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on FS1, Fox Deportes, 710 AM ESPN and 980 AM.
Last Sunday, LAFC began its 2020 MLS regular season with a 1-0 victory over expansion side Inter Miami CF at Banc of California Stadium. With the win, the Black & Gold are now a perfect 3-for-3 to start each year at Banc of California Stadium, with previous wins against Sporting KC in 2019 (2-1) and Seattle Sounders FC in 2018 (1-0).
Meanwhile, Philadelphia is coming off a 2-0 road defeat against FC Dallas on February 29 to start its campaign. In the only meeting of 2019, the two sides battled to a 1-1 draw at Talen Energy Stadium on September 14. In 2018, LAFC earned a 4-1 victory over the Union on June 30 behind Adama Diomande's hat-trick.
Following Sunday's contest, the Black & Gold will take on Liga MX side Cruz Azul in the Quarterfinals of the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The first leg will take place on March 12 at Banc of California Stadium, while the return leg will be played on March 18 at Estadio Azteca.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 7, 2020
- Cowell Debuts in Quakes Loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Dominate in 5-2 Win in San Jose - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Colorado - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1 in 2020 Home Opener - Atlanta United FC
- Loudoun United FC Draw 0-0 against Philadelphia Union II - D.C. United
- Dynamo Drop First Road Test of Season at Sporting KC - Houston Dynamo
- Kubo scores first MLS goal as Orange and Blue come up short against Atlanta - FC Cincinnati
- Inter Miami CF Scores First Goal in Club History, Loses 2-1 to D.C. United - Inter Miami CF
- Notes & Quotes: Toronto FC 1 - 0 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Toronto FC (1) - New York City FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against Inter Miami CF at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Colorado Rapids vs Orlando City SC: Roster Notes: March 7, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Houston Dynamo Loan Three Players to RGV FC for Opening Day - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Overcomes 2-0 Deficit to Earn a Draw against Montreal Impact - FC Dallas
- Impact Earns Point at Dallas - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Draws 1-1 with New York Red Bulls - Real Salt Lake
- Revolution and Chicago Fire FC Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Get Road Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Playing for a Healing City on Sunday against Portland Timbers - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Battle New England Revolution to a 1-1 Draw at Gillette Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Where to Watch: Watch Party Information for Nashville SC at Portland - Nashville SC
- New England Revolution Announce All-Time Team - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on Philadelphia Union on Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Matchday Essentials: Nashville SC Set to Take on Portland Timbers in Nationally Televised Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC and Portland Timbers to Sport 'Never Give up on You' Patch - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and the LAFC Foundation to Host Second Black & Gold Blood Drive in Partnership with Banc of California
- LAFC and Banc of California Restructure Partnership
- LAFC & MLS Provide Update on 2020 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Farmer John