Impact Earns Point at Dallas
FRISCO, Texas - The Montreal Impact tied 2-2 against FC Dallas, Saturday at Toyota Stadium.
The Impact will play its next game on Tuesday, March 10, at 8pm EDT (RDS, TSN, 98,5), against CD Olimpia at Olympic Stadium, in the first leg of the Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals first. TICKETS
MTL - Urruti (Okwonkwo) 59'
MTL - Urruti 68'
DAL - Ondrasek (Cannon, Santos) 83'
DAL - Pepi (Ondrasek) 90'+6'
DAL - Cannon 81'
DAL - Ziegler 85'
MTL - GK-Clément Diop; D-Jorge Corrales, Luis Binks, Joel Waterman, Rod Fanni, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Samuel Piette, Saphir TaÃ¯der; F-Romell Quioto (Shamit Shome 86'), Anthony Jackson-Hamel (Orji Okwonkwo 58'), Maximiliano Urruti (Amar Sejdic 87')
Subs not used - Evan Bush, Karifa Yao, Ballou Tabla, Mathieu Choinière
DAL - GK-Jesse Gonzalez; D-Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon; M-Fabrice-Jean Picault (Santiago Mosquera 62'), Jesus Ferreira (Ricardo Pepi 76'), Michael Barrios, Tanner Tessmann (Paxton Pomykal 62'), Thiago Santos; F-Zdenek Ondrasek
Subs not used - Jimmy Maurer, Bressan, Bryan Reynolds, John Nelson
"It's a very good point, especially after what happened in the first half. We weren't in the game and we didn't respect what we had to do on the ball and off it. The 25 first minutes of the second half were a lot better. In the second half we started to respect our positioning when in possession, and we were able to hurt them. It's frustrating because we were leading 2-0, but at the end it's a very good point."
"We played much better in the second half. We had more space, and this is why we scored. We need to stay together and focus on the game. I am really happy to have scored. I didn't celebrate to show respect to the fans. Now we need to stay focused on the next game."
"We knew what their game plan was and what they were going to do, but I think we came out a little flat in the first half, although it was a much better second half. We were up by two with fifteen minutes go, so we should've preserved the lead. Obviously, we wanted to take the three points, but coming into a tough environment like this, we'll settle for one."
"It took us time to get into the game. Obviously, we're disappointed with how it ended, and in the fact that we're not leaving here with three points. But it's also very hard to win points here and we're still undefeated this year in all our games. I think we need to see this from a positive point of view."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 7, 2020
- Cowell Debuts in Quakes Loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Dominate in 5-2 Win in San Jose - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Colorado - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1 in 2020 Home Opener - Atlanta United FC
- Loudoun United FC Draw 0-0 against Philadelphia Union II - D.C. United
- Dynamo Drop First Road Test of Season at Sporting KC - Houston Dynamo
- Kubo scores first MLS goal as Orange and Blue come up short against Atlanta - FC Cincinnati
- Inter Miami CF Scores First Goal in Club History, Loses 2-1 to D.C. United - Inter Miami CF
- Notes & Quotes: Toronto FC 1 - 0 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Toronto FC (1) - New York City FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against Inter Miami CF at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Colorado Rapids vs Orlando City SC: Roster Notes: March 7, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Houston Dynamo Loan Three Players to RGV FC for Opening Day - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Overcomes 2-0 Deficit to Earn a Draw against Montreal Impact - FC Dallas
- Impact Earns Point at Dallas - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Draws 1-1 with New York Red Bulls - Real Salt Lake
- Revolution and Chicago Fire FC Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Get Road Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Playing for a Healing City on Sunday against Portland Timbers - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Battle New England Revolution to a 1-1 Draw at Gillette Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Where to Watch: Watch Party Information for Nashville SC at Portland - Nashville SC
- New England Revolution Announce All-Time Team - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on Philadelphia Union on Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Matchday Essentials: Nashville SC Set to Take on Portland Timbers in Nationally Televised Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC and Portland Timbers to Sport 'Never Give up on You' Patch - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.