LAFC Routs Vancouver Whitecaps FC 6-0 on Wednesday Night
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) earned its fifth victory of the season after routing the Vancouver Whitecaps FC 6-0 on Wednesday night at Banc of California Stadium. With 10 games remaining in the regular season, the Black & Gold sit in sixth place in the Western Conference with a 5-5-3 record (18 points).
LAFC set all-time MLS records with four goals in the opening 14 minutes and five goals after 33 minutes of play. LAFC's six goals also tied the Club record for most in a game - a 6-1 victory over Vancouver on July 6, 2019.
Defender Dejan JakoviÄ's his first goal for LAFC and first MLS tally since May 26, 2012 with D.C. United in the 2nd minute now stands as the quickest goal in LAFC history. Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips doubled the lead in the 5th minute before notching the team's third six minutes later. With his brace, Wright-Phillips now sits in sixth place in the all-time scoring list with 115 goals, passing LAFC assistant coach Ante Razov.
LAFC added its fourth via an own goal from Vancouver defender Ranko Veselinovic in the 14th minute of play. Forward Diego Rossi would then tally his league-leading 11th of the season in the 33rd minute, and another Whitecaps FC own goal in the 68th minute rounded out the scoresheet on Wednesday night.
LAFC wraps up the month of September this Sunday against the San Jose Earthquakes at Banc of California Stadium at 7:30 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2020
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Plans Around Rally the Vote Campaign - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Signs Noah Powder for 2021 Season - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Time Change for Home Match against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Stand out Midfield Performances, Unselfish Play Leads to Successful September - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips Voted MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Training Complex Location in South Nashville - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer, Pluto TV Extend Agreement - MLS
- History Made: Lions Set New Club-Record - Orlando City SC
- Homegrown Cole Bassett Leading Charge for Colorado Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids to Host Fans at Upcoming MLS Matches - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: September 24, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Falls 1-0 on the Road to Cascadia Rival Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Routs Vancouver Whitecaps FC 6-0 on Wednesday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Defeat Seattle Sounders FC 1-0 at Providence Park Wednesday Night - Portland Timbers
- LAFC thwart 'Caps bid for three straight - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Records 2-0 Victory over LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Ready for Home Cooking after Brutal Loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC's Unbeaten Run at Nissan Stadium Continues with 1-0 Win over D.C. United - Nashville SC
- MNUFC Falls 2-1 at Columbus Crew - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Week-Long 'Banc of Resources' Virtual Content Series Beginning October 19
- LAFC Draws the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday at Providence Park
- LAFC Travels to Face the Portland Timbers Tomorrow at Providence Park
- Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3
- LAFC Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-1 on Wednesday at Providence Park