LAFC Joins EMLS Ahead of 2020 Season
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today its official entry into eMLS, Major League Soccer's competitive gaming league competing in the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise.
The Black & Gold are the latest addition to eMLS, which includes 25 eMLS competitors, each representing different MLS clubs. Austin FC and Nashville SC will also join eMLS.
LAFC will host an online selection qualifying tournament in search of the club's first-ever esports player to represent the club in eMLS competitions. Three qualifying round competitions will take place on October 26, November 1 and 3, before the top performers of the first three rounds battle in the final on Wednesday, November 6.
MLS announced the creation of eMLS in January 2018, a dedicated esports league with professional EA SPORTS FIFA players representing MLS Clubs. eMLS activates via a competitive season - inclusive of eMLS League Series and eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - and other gaming programming.
For the latest news and information, visit www.LAFC.com and LAFC's dedicated e-sports Instagram channel @LAFCgaming and Twitter channel @LAFCgaming.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 17, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 17, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Riverfront Alliance of Delaware County Selects NBBJ as Master Plan Architect - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Joins EMLS Ahead of 2020 Season - Los Angeles FC
- Rave Green Support on Display Throughout Seattle Ahead of Sounders FC's Playoff Match this Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Postseason Roster Mechanism Calendar - MLS
- Nashville SC to Participate in EMLS in 2020 Season - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC's Ike Opara Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- MNUFC Defender Ike Opara Named Defender of the Year - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Again Has Major League Soccer's Best-Selling Jersey - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves Following Record-Breaking Season
- LAFC Foundation Receives $10,000 Donation through Allstate's "Save of the Match" Program
- LAFC Foundation Partners with the American Heart Association's 'Teaching Gardens' Nutrition Program
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Named 2019 Landon Donovan MLS MVP