LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell 2-1 to Tigres UANL in the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Final on Tuesday evening at Exploria Stadium, ending the Club's historic run in the region's top club tournament.
After a choppy and scoreless first half, LAFC would take the lead in the 61st minute as forward Diego Rossi calmly chipped his attempt over Tigres goalkeeper Nahuel Guzman and into the back of the net.
With under 20 minutes remaining, Tigres found the equalizer via defender Hugo Ayala's header that squeezed through a pair of LAFC players. The Mexican side would then tally the eventual game-winning goal in the 84th minute as forward Andre-Pierre Gignac's calmly one-time finish from the top of the box made it 2-1, bringing LAFC's tournament run and season to an end.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 23, 2020
- Tajon Buchanan Called up to Canada Men's National Team - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC's Alistair Johnston Receives First Call from Canada Men's National Team - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo FC & Rio Grande Valley FC Restructure Affiliate Partnership - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Free Agent Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Third-Round SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF - New York Red Bulls
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent Goalkeeper and 2020 MLS Cup Champion Andrew Tarbell - Austin FC
- New England Revolution Sign Midfielder Wilfrid Kaptoum - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Defender Patrick Seagrist - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Season Ticket Members to Receive Complimentary Access to RedTV International Platform - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth
- LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal
- LAFC Loans Forward Brian Rodriguez to UD Almeria
- LAFC Signs Goalkeeper Tomas Romero