Atlanta United Season Ticket Members to Receive Complimentary Access to RedTV International Platform
ATLANTA - Atlanta United today announced that through its partnership with sister club Aberdeen FC (AFC) of the Scottish Professional Football League, season ticket members will receive complimentary access to the AFC streaming platform, RedTV, through the end of 2021.
The first major commercial deal between the clubs since announcing their partnership last year, Atlanta United's season ticket members will now be able to access AFC's RedTV International platform free of charge, which includes live AFC match-day action as well as a wide range of video-on-demand content and full match replays. Extended highlights, news and features from Aberdeen's first team and youth academy are also included.
"After a challenging year, this added benefit is one way for our club to show gratitude to our season ticket members," said Atlanta United Chief Business Officer Catie Griggs. "We are truly appreciative of their steadfast support; and are excited that through our partnership with Aberdeen FC, we are able to say 'thank you' by providing access to AFC's RedTV platform.
"ATLUTD season ticket members will now not only have complimentary access to international soccer during the MLS off-season, but will be able to follow our sister club more closely throughout the year."
Beginning with Aberdeen's Boxing Day match vs. St Johnstone set to stream live on RedTV on Saturday, December 26, at 10:00am EST, Atlanta United season ticket members will have full access to RedTV International's coverage of every live AFC game through the end of 2021.
Atlanta United and Aberdeen FC announced a strategic partnership in 2019 which saw both clubs aligning on key soccer and business operations best practices.
"This partnership is the result of a great deal of innovative thinking between the two Clubs," said AFC Commercial Director, Rob Wicks, "Both seeking a progressive approach to fan engagement, during what is a very challenging period given the current global pandemic which is impacting football the world over.
"We've worked hard behind the scenes on our RedTV platform and recently made a sizeable investment to make it the best it can be. We believe our match-day show, and other original content, will be very well received by supporters of the 'The Five Stripes'."
Aberdeen FC has invested considerably in enhancing its RedTV broadcasting product this summer, with one of Scotland's most prominent football broadcasters, Rob Maclean, joining the team as host.
The platform has since delivered coverage of every AFC match, home and away. Through AFC's production partner, Hi-Sat and streaming partner, Stream Digital, Atlanta United season ticket members will now enjoy the same access to the new-look match-day show as AFC supporters across the globe.
The RedTV team also features special contributor, Derek Rae, the US-based renowned broadcaster and AFC fan. Derek is a former ESPN and BT Sport SPFL commentator and now the voice of the most popular football video game in the world, EA Sports FIFA, as well as one of the main commentators for the Bundesliga's international feed.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 23, 2020
- Tajon Buchanan Called up to Canada Men's National Team - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC's Alistair Johnston Receives First Call from Canada Men's National Team - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo FC & Rio Grande Valley FC Restructure Affiliate Partnership - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Free Agent Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Third-Round SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF - New York Red Bulls
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent Goalkeeper and 2020 MLS Cup Champion Andrew Tarbell - Austin FC
- New England Revolution Sign Midfielder Wilfrid Kaptoum - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Defender Patrick Seagrist - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Season Ticket Members to Receive Complimentary Access to RedTV International Platform - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United unveils "The BLVCK" Kit for 2021 season
- Atlanta United Signs Midfielder Franco Ibarra
- Atlanta United to Unveil New Primary Kit in Advance of Fifth Season
- Fernando Meza Loaned out to Defensa y Justicia
- Round of 16 Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League