Inter Miami CF Acquires Defender Patrick Seagrist
Inter Miami CF announced today it has acquired defender Patrick Seagrist from the New York Red Bulls in exchange for a 2021 Major League Soccer (MLS) SuperDraft third round pick.
Inter Miami will also trade up to $50,000 in General Allocation Money to the Red Bulls if Seagrist reaches certain performance incentives.
Seagrist, 22, was selected by the Red Bulls with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft. The left-back made three appearances in his rookie campaign, two of them starts, including consecutive full-match appearances in New York's first two regular season fixtures this year.
The Streamwood, Illinois, native, featured for Marquette University for four years (2016-2019), registering 65 overall appearances, 63 of them starts, and recording six goals and 16 assists. Seagrist's college fÃºtbol career was highlighted by leading the Golden Eagles in assists in his senior campaign with seven, as well as earning All-BIG EAST First team honors in 2018 and 2019.
Seagrist played for the Chicago Sockers FC Academy for three seasons, serving as captain for two of them. His promising talent caught national attention from an early age, being rated by TopDrawerSoccer.com as the 15th-best defender in the Midwest coming out of high school.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 23, 2020
- Tajon Buchanan Called up to Canada Men's National Team - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC's Alistair Johnston Receives First Call from Canada Men's National Team - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo FC & Rio Grande Valley FC Restructure Affiliate Partnership - Houston Dynamo FC
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Free Agent Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Third-Round SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF - New York Red Bulls
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent Goalkeeper and 2020 MLS Cup Champion Andrew Tarbell - Austin FC
- New England Revolution Sign Midfielder Wilfrid Kaptoum - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Defender Patrick Seagrist - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Season Ticket Members to Receive Complimentary Access to RedTV International Platform - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Breaking Lines: Attack Shines in Home Opener
- 2021 Home Opener Is Officially Sold Out
- Academy Update: Future Stars Excited Ahead of MLS Season
- Inter Miami CF Partners with Monaco Cocktails for the 2021 Season
- Inter Miami CF Exercises Offseason Buyout on Matías Pellegrini