LAFC Falls 2-1 to San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell 2-1 to the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday night at Banc of California Stadium.
The Black & Gold went into half leading 1-0 after midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye calmly slotted a left-footed strike to the bottom right corner of the goal. With 10 minutes remaining, San Jose would level things up via second half substitute Shea Salinas. Deep into stoppage time, midfielder Jackson Yueill tapped in the game-winner to give the visitors all three points on the road.
With nine games left in the regular season, LAFC sits in 7th place in the Western Conference with a 5-6-3 record (18 points). Next up for LAFC is a trip to Rio Tinto Stadium to face off against Real Salt Lake on Sunday, October 4 at 6:30 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 28, 2020
- MLS and Colorado Rapids Confirm Additional COVID-19 Positive Cases - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 28 Ã¢ÂÂ October 4 - Chicago Fire
- Inter Miami CF Trades Roman Torres to Seattle Sounders FC - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Acquires Defender Roman Torres from Inter Miami CF - Seattle Sounders FC
- Laryea Named MLS Player of the Week - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Defender Richie Laryea Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC First-Ever Sports Team to be Named a Finalist for Prestigious U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Citizens Awards - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Remains Hungry for More After Four-Point Week - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced MLS Goalkeeper Evan Bush Via Trade from Montreal Impact - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Trades Evan Bush to Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 28, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time for October 18 Home Match against New York City FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Rave Green Cruise to 3-1 Win at LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- Quakes score twice late to earn first win over LAFC - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Earn 1-0 Road Shutout Victory over Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sunday Night - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps fall to West co-leaders in first Portland home match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m.
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Statement on Positive Covid-19 Case
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Defeats Rival LA Galaxy 2-0 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium