FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 28, 2020
CINCINNATI - Following the first of three consecutive road matches, FC Cincinnati will play their first Western Conference opponent of the 2020 MLS regular season when the travel to Allianz Field to play Minnesota United FC on Saturday, Oct. 3.
FC Cincinnati (3-7-4, 13 pts.) enter the week following a 4-0 defeat to New York City FC at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Minnesota United FC (5-5-4, 19 pts.) open the week after playing Real Salt Lake (4-4-6, 18 pts.) to a scoreless draw at Allianz Field last night.
FC Cincinnati to play first Western Conference opponent of 2020
Following 14 consecutive matches against Eastern Conference teams to open the season, FCC are set to play their first Western Conference opponent when they play Minnesota United FC on Saturday, Oct. 3 ... last season, FC Cincinnati went 2-9-1 against Western Conference opponents ... the Orange and Blue will face Minnesota United FC at Nippert Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 24 and then play a third and final regular season match against a Western Conference opponent when they host Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday, Oct. 28
Garza returns to action in substitute appearance
Defender Greg Garza made his first appearance since Sept. 6 at Columbus when he replaced Andrew Gutman in the 52nd minute of FCC's match at NYCFC on Sept. 26 ... Garza has made seven appearances, including five starts, for the Orange and Blue this season ... the left back has now made 20 appearances, including 16 starts, in two seasons with FC Cincinnati
FCC concede first-ever first-minute goal
The first-minute goal scored by NYCFC's Alexandru Mitrita's is now the fastest goal scored against FC Cincinnati in the club's MLS history and it's the first-ever goal scored by an opponent in the first minute of a match ... the goal breaks the previous mark set by Chicago Fire FC's Fabian Herbers, who tallied in the second minute on Aug. 25 ... last season, Allan Cruz tallied a first-minute goal for the Orange and Blue at Montreal on Sept. 14, 2019.
FC Cincinnati will be back in action on Saturday, Oct. 3 when they will play Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits are now being accepted for traditional reserved seating and The Bailey. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 28, 2020
- MLS and Colorado Rapids Confirm Additional COVID-19 Positive Cases - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 28 Ã¢ÂÂ October 4 - Chicago Fire
- Inter Miami CF Trades Roman Torres to Seattle Sounders FC - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Acquires Defender Roman Torres from Inter Miami CF - Seattle Sounders FC
- Laryea Named MLS Player of the Week - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Defender Richie Laryea Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC First-Ever Sports Team to be Named a Finalist for Prestigious U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Citizens Awards - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Remains Hungry for More After Four-Point Week - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced MLS Goalkeeper Evan Bush Via Trade from Montreal Impact - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Trades Evan Bush to Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 28, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time for October 18 Home Match against New York City FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Rave Green Cruise to 3-1 Win at LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- Quakes score twice late to earn first win over LAFC - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Earn 1-0 Road Shutout Victory over Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sunday Night - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps fall to West co-leaders in first Portland home match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 12, 2020