LAFC Defeats Rival LA Galaxy 2-0 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) defeated the LA Galaxy 2-0 on Sunday afternoon at Banc of California Stadium. The match featured the return of Carlos Vela and Tristan Blackmon from injury along with four players from international duty as the Club makes a final push towards Decision Day.
The two crosstown rivals have a penchant for on-pitch drama, and with playoff implications resting in the balance, today was no different. Although the first half didn't produce any goals, LAFC found a way to put pressure and push the tempo, ultimately resulting in Diego Rossi drawing a goal scoring opportunity foul and a red card on the Galaxy's Giancarlo GonzÃ¡lez in the 25th minute.
The goal scoring draught ended in the early minutes of the second half, with the Black & Gold opening the scoring in the 58th minute when Danny Musovski scored a clean chip over the Galaxy's Jonathan Klinsmann on an assist from Diego Rossi. Carlos Vela added one more goal for the Club in stoppage time to put the match out of reach, earning LAFC's Bob Bradley his 169th win, tying current Galaxy assistant coach Dominic Kinnear for third in all-time coaching wins.
With the win, LAFC continues to sit in 4th place in the Western Conference with a 8-7-4 record (28 points). Next up, the Black & Gold faces the Houston Dynamo on Wednesday, October 28 (7:30 p.m. PT; YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 25, 2020
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, LAFC 2 - Sunday, October 25, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Defeats Rival LA Galaxy 2-0 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1 - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Faces Crucial Week After Earning Four Points against FC Dallas, New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Quakes remain above playoff line in eighth - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake Play to Scoreless Draw - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Plays to Scoreless Draw with FC Dallas - Real Salt Lake
- 'Caps rally behind Adnan, Ricketts goals for massive win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Takes First Place in 4-0 Win over Colorado - Sporting Kansas City
- Union claim first place in Eastern Conference; Sergio Santos nets hat-trick - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union (5) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Prepares for Playoffs with for Los Angeles Specials at L.A. Restaurants
- LAFC Collaborates with Postmates to Bring Gear to Fans' Doorsteps
- LAFC's Diego Rossi Named to 2020 MLS Best XI