LA Galaxy Forward Ola Kamara Called up for International Duty
LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018) - LA Galaxy forward Ola Kamara has been called in by the Norwegian National Team, the federation announced yesterday morning.
Kamara and Norway will play two away matches as they take on Slovenia on Friday, Nov. 16 at StoÅ¾ice Stadium in Ljubljana, Slovenia before traveling to take on Cyprus at GSP Stadium in Strovolos. The matches will mark the final two of UEFA Nations League group play. In League C, Norway are currently tied with Bulgaria for most points in the group, but lead on goal differential. If Norway wins Group C, they will be promoted to League B.
Kamara was last called up by the Norwegian National Team in May, although he did not appear in either of Norway's friendlies against Iceland or Panama. He was also called in by Norway in March, when he recorded a hattrick during a 4-1 win over Australia. He originally debuted for his country on Oct. 11, 2013 and has made 10 total appearances.
In his first season with the Galaxy, Kamara recorded 14 goals and three assists. Kamara has scored 48 goals and tallied eight assists in his three seasons in MLS.
DATE MATCH TIME LOCATION
Friday, Nov. 16 Norway vs. Slovenia 11:45 a.m. StoÅ¾ice Stadium Ljubljana, Slovenia
Monday, Nov. 19 Norway vs. Cyprus 11:45 a.m. GSP Stadium Strovolos, Cyprus
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. In addition to visiting www.lagalaxy.com/since96, fans can secure 2019 Season Ticket Memberships at StubHub Center by visiting the Galaxy booth atop Section 104 at any LA Galaxy home game. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 7, 2018
- Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Arrive Early for Thursday's Pivotal Home Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Aaron Long Named 2018 MLS Defender of the Year - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC's Gyasi Zardes Named Major League Soccer's 2018 Comeback Player of the Year - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Forward Gyasi Zardes Named MLS Comeback Player of the Year - MLS
- Sounders FC Defender Chad Marshall Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Forward Ola Kamara Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls' Aaron Long Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- D.C. United Defender Taylor Kemp Retires from Professional Soccer - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Name Marc Dos Santos New Head Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Cup Returns to Orange County Great Park
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez Named to Mexico's U-17 FIFA World Cup Roster
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party on October 20 at Dignity Health Sports Park's Legends Plaza for Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Match
- LA Galaxy to Face Minnesota United FC in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs on Sunday, October 20
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 4 - Sunday, October 6, 2019