Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Arrive Early for Thursday's Pivotal Home Match
SEATTLE, WASH. - As Sounders FC returns home to host the Portland Timbers in the pivotal second leg of the Western Conference Semifinals, the club encourages fans to arrive well ahead of the scheduled kickoff (7:30 p.m. PT / FS1, TSN, TVA Sports, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
At the stadium, fans can view and contribute to the team's hashtag mosaic, located in the northwest corner of the Field Plaza. Any Sounders photos shared on social media - Twitter, Facebook or Instagram - using the hashtag #YouWillHearUs will be added to a giant photo mosaic, creating the image of Sounders FC player celebrations. Fans can add to the mosaic at any time by sharing their own photos using the hashtag.
Before kickoff, three-time WNBA champion and four-time Olympic gold medalist Sue Bird is leading the crowd in Seattle's "Scarves Up!" moment. Bird recently helped lead the Seattle Storm to the 2018 WNBA Championship, adding another trophy to Seattle sports' collection.
Fans are reminded that due to a previously scheduled event at the CenturyLink Event Center, the stadium's southwest gate and West Field Plaza are closed to foot traffic. All other points of entry remain in service, and Sounders FC fans are encouraged to arrive early in light of Thursday's ingress changes. Those with tickets on the West 100 and 200 levels can utilize SoundersFC.com/MatchdayAlerts for information on how to access west-side seats, restrooms, and food and beverage.
Additionally, Thursday's Soccer Celebration is located in the north end of the east concourse of CenturyLink Field outside Section 103. Fans can find the Great Clips hairspray station, Forever Green Kids Club booth, Sounders FC face paint station and other matchday booths in this area. The flagship CenturyLink Pro Shop will remain open to the public before, during and after the match, and can be accessed via its main entrance on Occidental Avenue South, but is not accessible once inside CenturyLink Field gates due to the happenings inside the Event Center and West Field Plaza closure. All other merchandise locations at CenturyLink Field remain accessible to fans on Thursday.
After finishing the regular season in second position in the Western Conference, Sounders FC earned a bye from Knockout Round action and is now amidst the Western Conference Semifinals, which takes place as a two-match, aggregate-goal series with the higher-seeded club hosting the second leg of play.
Seattle traveled to Portland to face the Timbers over the weekend, where the Rave Green came out with a critical road goal, but ultimately lost, 2-1. Sounders FC now prepares to host the second leg of play on Thursday, November 8. Single-match tickets are available at SoundersFC.com/Playoffs or by calling 877-MLS-GOAL.
Given the 2-1 result in the first leg of play, Seattle would advance to the Western Conference Championship with a shutout win (due to the away-goals tiebreaker) or a two-goal margin of victory. A draw or a loss would see Portland through, while a 2-1 Seattle win on Thursday would force extra time (and penalty kicks if necessary).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 7, 2018
- Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Arrive Early for Thursday's Pivotal Home Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Aaron Long Named 2018 MLS Defender of the Year - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC's Gyasi Zardes Named Major League Soccer's 2018 Comeback Player of the Year - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Forward Gyasi Zardes Named MLS Comeback Player of the Year - MLS
- Sounders FC Defender Chad Marshall Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Forward Ola Kamara Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls' Aaron Long Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- D.C. United Defender Taylor Kemp Retires from Professional Soccer - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Name Marc Dos Santos New Head Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Falls 1-0 on the Road to Cascadia Rival Portland
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - September 23, 2020
- Major League Soccer Announces Remaining 2020 Regular Season Schedule
- Sounders FC Jumps into First Place in Western Conference with 3-0 Win over LAFC
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Brad Smith