Korn, Dogs On Tap Monday At Rosenblatt
OMAHA, NE - The rock group Korn will be playing a sold-out concert at Sokol Auditorium on the night of Monday, May 24th. Before the show, the group's lead singer, Jonathan Davis, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the Omaha Royals 6:35 p.m. game vs. the Colorado Springs Sky Sox at Rosenblatt Stadium.
"89.7 The River is excited to have the opportunity to bring Jonathan Davis to Rosenblatt as another historical event in the Royals final season of play there," said Jake Ryan, afternoon host at 89.7 The River.
Ryan said the title of Korn's new album, Korn 3: Remember Who You Are is an effort by the band to get back to their musical roots. As part of that effort, their Ballroom Blitz tour is playing smaller venues like Sokol.
Monday night's game is also $1 hot dog night, presented by Rotella's Italian Bakery, as well as 89.7 The River. Hebrew National hot dogs are just $1 dollar during the game, which is the opener of a four-game series vs. Colorado Springs and the fifth game of the Royals' 12-game homestand.
"We continue our history of having a diverse group of guests and musicians visit Rosenblatt with this very special appearance by Jonathan Davis," said Martie Cordaro, Royals Vice President/General Manager. "We hope area Korn fans will come out to enjoy $1 hot dogs and this special first pitch courtesy of our good friends at 89.7 The River."
The homestand opens tonight with a 6:35 p.m. game vs. the Salt Lake Bees.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 20, 2010
- Red-Hot Zawadzki Helps Beavers Beat RedHawks - Portland Beavers
- Memphis Strikes Early to Topple Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Open Road Trip with 6-2 Loss to PCL-Leading Grizzlies - Nashville Sounds
- Johnson Powers Express past Reno, 9-4 - Round Rock Express
- Aces Tripped Up in Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Cubs Triumph over Sky Sox, 11-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Triple-A All-Star Game Fan Voting Begins June 3 - PCL
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Rock Cats Spoil Series Finale, 6-2 - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jeremy Hill Retires - Salt Lake Bees
- Korn, Dogs On Tap Monday At Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night