Jeremy Hill Retires
SALT LAKE CITY (May 20, 2010) - The Salt Lake Bees announced today that right-handed pitcher Jeremy Hill has voluntarily retired.
Hill, 32, appeared in 17 games of relief for the Bees in 2010, owning a 1-0 record with a 3.78 ERA, 13 strikeouts and three saves. Hill leaves Salt Lake after two seasons with 23 saves, fifth all-time in franchise history.
Originally drafted by the Kansas City Royals as a catcher in 1996, Hill made his major league debut with the Royals as a pitcher in 2002. He appeared in 11 games of relief for Kansas City over two seasons, owning a 0-1 record with a 3.48 ERA with seven strikeouts. After eight seasons in the Royals farm system, Hill pitched three seasons in the New York Mets organization.
In 2006, he played for the Newark Bears in the Independent League and, after missing a season due to injury, he pitched in the Mexican League for Acereros del Norte for one season. The Dallas, Texas native joined the Angels organization in 2009, pitching for both the Arkansas Travelers and Bees.
The Salt Lake Bees begin an eight-game road trip tonight against the Omaha Royals at 5:35 p.m. Listen to the game live on AM 1230 KFAN 2. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, call (801) 325-BASE or visit slbees.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 20, 2010
- Red-Hot Zawadzki Helps Beavers Beat RedHawks - Portland Beavers
- Memphis Strikes Early to Topple Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Open Road Trip with 6-2 Loss to PCL-Leading Grizzlies - Nashville Sounds
- Johnson Powers Express past Reno, 9-4 - Round Rock Express
- Aces Tripped Up in Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Cubs Triumph over Sky Sox, 11-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Triple-A All-Star Game Fan Voting Begins June 3 - PCL
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Rock Cats Spoil Series Finale, 6-2 - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jeremy Hill Retires - Salt Lake Bees
- Korn, Dogs On Tap Monday At Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ