Triple-A All-Star Game Fan Voting Begins June 3
May 20, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
Triple-A Baseball and MLB Advanced Media, LP (MLBAM) are excited to announce that fans across the country will once again have the opportunity to vote online for their favorite players to be selected to the Triple-A All-Star Game. This year's contest will be held at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania, home of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, on July 14 at 7:00 p.m. EDT and will match outstanding players from the International League and the Pacific Coast League.
Fan balloting will be held from June 3-25 and will account for one-third of the total vote along with ballots cast by members of the media and each club's field manager, coaches, and general manager. Using MLBAM online voting services, fans will be able to access the ballots at the official websites of Minor League Baseball (MiLB.com), the Pacific Coast League (PCLBaseball.com), the International League (ILBaseball.com), and the websites of all 30 Triple-A teams.
All fans who participate in the online balloting will be able to vote for players for both the IL and PCL rosters. Fans can select one player for each of the infield positions, plus three outfielders, a designated hitter, and four pitchers - two starters and two relievers. Write-in votes for players not listed on the ballot will also be accepted. Up-to-date statistics and position-by-position comparisons will be available at the click of a mouse to help fans make their selections. Voting updates will be made available weekly for both Leagues. Once the balloting period is over, fans can check the aforementioned websites for additional updates and features leading up to the All-Star Game.
The 23rd annual Triple-A All-Star Game will be broadcast live from Allentown on Wednesday, July 14 on MLB Network as well as MiLB.TV on the World Wide Web. The All-Star Game week schedule in Lehigh Valley also includes the "Pigapalooza" Fan Fest on Saturday, July 10 and the annual Triple-A Home Run Derby on Monday, July 12.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 20, 2010
- Red-Hot Zawadzki Helps Beavers Beat RedHawks - Portland Beavers
- Memphis Strikes Early to Topple Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Open Road Trip with 6-2 Loss to PCL-Leading Grizzlies - Nashville Sounds
- Johnson Powers Express past Reno, 9-4 - Round Rock Express
- Aces Tripped Up in Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Cubs Triumph over Sky Sox, 11-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Triple-A All-Star Game Fan Voting Begins June 3 - PCL
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Rock Cats Spoil Series Finale, 6-2 - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jeremy Hill Retires - Salt Lake Bees
- Korn, Dogs On Tap Monday At Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.