Knights Drop Wednesday's Game to Stripers 9-1
(LAWRENCEVILLE, GA) - First baseman D.J. Peterson homered for Charlotte's only run of the game on Wednesday as the Knights dropped game two of their three-game series to the Gwinnett Stripers by a score of 9-1 from Coolray Field in Lawrenceville, GA. Despite the loss, the surging Knights are 6-2 over their last eight games.
Peterson connected on his sixth home run of the season in the fifth inning of Wednesday's game. His home run was one of just five hits on the night for the Knights.
Charlotte LHP Colton Turner (2-2, 5.34) was sharp over his first three innings of work, allowing no runs to the Stripers, who then brought their offense over the next three innings. Gwinnett scored three runs in the fourth, two in the fifth, and four in the sixth en route to the victory. In all, Turner allowed five runs on seven hits over 4.1 innings pitched and was charged with the loss.
Gwinnett LHP Kolby Allard earned the win after he went six strong innings for the Stripers, who tied the series at 1-1 with the win. The two teams will conclude their three-game series on Thursday from Coolray Field.
Pre-game radio coverage of Thursday's 7:05 p.m. game is set for 6:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action. RHP Dylan Cease is scheduled to get the start for the Knights in the finale.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Rochester Shuts out Herd on Three Hits, 4-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Drop Wednesday's Game to Stripers 9-1 - Charlotte Knights
- Stewart, Wings Blank Bisons - Rochester Red Wings
- Jackson's Homer Leads Stripers over Knights 9-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Hammer Time with some late charge gives Pigs edge - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Toledo's Bats Come Alive in Columbus - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pair of three-run home runs lead RailRiders to victory over Pawtucket - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Syracuse Loses to Lehigh Valley, 6-4, on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Brentz, PawSox Rally Late, Fall to RailRiders - Pawtucket Red Sox
- McRae's Gem Spoiled But Indians Rally to Win in Extras - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Rally But Come up Short in the 10th Inning, 4-3 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (23-18) at Louisville Bats (18-26) - Indianapolis Indians
- MiLB and American Cancer Society Team up for Sun Safety - IL
- Game Notes: Indianapolis Indians (23-18) at Louisville Bats (18-26) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- "Knights Care 4 CLT" Effort Launched to Assist Those Affected by COVID-19
- 2020 ACC Baseball Championship Cancelled
- McMillon to be Inducted into Charlotte Baseball Round Table of Honor on May 3
- Knights Announce 2020 Scholarships with Founding Partners
- Knights' 2020 Slate Filled with Celebs, Fireworks & Giveaways