Kines and Boomers Blank Joliet
SCHAUMBURG, IL - Gunnar Kines tossed the second complete game shutout of the season as the Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, blanked the Joliet Slammers 3-0 on Wednesday night.
Schaumburg grabbed a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the second. Nick Oddo beat the shift by dropping down a bunt single with one away, the first hit of the game. Matt Rose, back in the lineup for the first time in a week, singled to place runners at first and second. Clint Hardy handed the Boomers a 1-0 lead with a single to right, driving home his 19th run of the season. Connor Oliver followed with a sacrifice fly to cap the scoring in the inning. The final run scored in the bottom of the eighth with rain falling when Jack Parenty led off with a double and scored on a double play.
The early run support was more than enough for Kines, who struck out eight and allowed just two hits. Oliver and Brock Carpenter each logged two hits as the Boomers finished with nine. The win broke a three-game skid.
The Boomers (18-17) conclude the series with a day game on Thursday at 12:05 p.m. in a The Office: Business Day Game. RHP Matt Miller (1-0, 3.60) is slated to make his second start against RHP Matt Quintana (1-2, 4.15). Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Otters' Comeback Bid Halted by Rain - Evansville Otters
- Kines and Boomers Blank Joliet - Schaumburg Boomers
- Wild Things Even Series with Rain-Shortened Win - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers strand seven base runners in 3-2 loss to Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Topoozian Shines Again in Grizzlies Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Game at Windy City Postponed - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.