Miners Game at Windy City Postponed
Crestwood, IL - The Southern Illinois Miners announce that their game at Windy City on Wednesday night, June 19, has been postponed due to threat of severe weather in Crestwood. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader tomorrow, June 20, beginning at 5:05 p.m.
Having won six games in a row and eight of their last nine to pull into a tie for first place in the West Division, the Miners will look to keep it going in the twin-bill on Thursday night. Marty Anderson will pitch for the Miners in game one against fellow Windy City left-hander Kenny Mathews, while Austin Dubsky will pitch in game two for Southern Illinois opposed by ThunderBolts' right-hander Christian Morris.
The Southern Illinois Miners are the Frontier League's most-successful franchise since debuting in 2007, winning the 2012 Frontier League Championship as well as division titles in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. They have been awarded the Frontier League Organization of the Year award three times since their inception, and also set a new Frontier League attendance record in their inaugural season. For ticket information, contact the box office at (618) 998-8499. For additional information, visit our website at www.southernillinoisminers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Otters' Comeback Bid Halted by Rain - Evansville Otters
- Kines and Boomers Blank Joliet - Schaumburg Boomers
- Wild Things Even Series with Rain-Shortened Win - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers strand seven base runners in 3-2 loss to Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Topoozian Shines Again in Grizzlies Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Game at Windy City Postponed - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.