Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for the 2020 Season
Kenosha, Wis -The Kenosha Kingfish have announced that they will be taking the field this summer in front of fans at Simmons Field.
The Kingfish will bring Northwoods League baseball back to the Kenosha community starting on July 15thÂ by creating a two-team series with the Kingfish playing against aÂ second,Â to-be-announced Kenosha-basedÂ opponent.Â With approval from the Northwoods League, the two teams will play 26 games from July 15thÂ through August 22nd. Schedule to be finalized later this week.
"Challenging times call for creative solutions and we're proud to be able to work with the Northwoods League and Kenosha Public Health to create a safe path for baseball to return to the community this summer," said Kingfish COO Conor Caloia. "The Kingfish are part of the fabric of summer in Kenosha and even though this won't be a typical summer, we're proud that we can bring affordable family fun and great baseball back to Simmons Field."
There will be a brief "Name the Team" contest for the new Kenosha team onÂ Kingfishbaseball.comÂ where fans can submit name ideas for the new team. Anyone who submits the winning name will win a prize courtesy of the team.
With the addition of a second Kenosha-based team, if generous families and individuals in the community have a spare bedroom that would be willing to host a player or two, please call the Kenosha Kingfish office to discuss details. To learn more about the Host Family program, visitÂ https://northwoodsleague.com/kenosha-kingfish/community/host-family-program/.
New protocols and procedures will be in place to ensure the safety of all who enter Historic Simmons Field's gates, including dramatically reduced capacity. The Kingfish will release their complete COVID-19 Readiness Plan onÂ Kingfishbaseball.comÂ in the coming days, or fans can call the Kingfish front office with specific questions at 262.653.0900.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 25, 2020
- Chinooks Cancel 2020 Season Due to COVID-19 Pandemic - Lakeshore Chinooks
- The Northwoods League and the Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for 2020 Season - Northwoods
- Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for the 2020 Season - Kenosha Kingfish
- Clark's Car Wash with Eide - Bismarck Larks
- Rox Finalize 2020 Roster - St. Cloud Rox
- Rockford Rivets Set 2020 Roster - Rockford Rivets
- From Basement to Baseball: How Bombers Overcame Pandemic to Get Ready for Season - Battle Creek Bombers
- Vander Wal Leads Powerful Group of Returning Bats - Rockford Rivets
- Dune Bears and Resorters Announce 2020 Rosters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kenosha Kingfish Stories
- Kenosha Kingfish Ready to Continue Their Reign over Simmons Field
- Kenosha Kingfish Release Safety Guidelines for 2020 Season
- K-Town Bobbers to Go Fishing for the Kenosha Series Title with Incredible Line Up
- K-Town Bobbers Aim to Catch Simmons Field Faithful in 2020
- Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for the 2020 Season