The Northwoods League and the Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for 2020 Season
June 25, 2020 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) News Release
Rochester, Minn. - The Northwoods League and the Kenosha Kingfish are happy to announce that the Kingfish will be taking the field this summer in front of fans at Simmons Field.
The Kingfish will bring Northwoods League baseball back to the Kenosha community starting on July 15th by creating a two-team, Kenosha based series with the Kingfish playing against a second, to-be-announced Kenosha-based Northwoods League opponent. With approval from the Northwoods League, the two teams will play 26 games from July 15th through August 22nd. Schedule to be finalized later this week.
"Challenging times call for creative solutions and we're proud to be able to work with the Northwoods League and Kenosha Public Health to create a safe path for baseball to return to the community this summer," said Kingfish COO Conor Caloia. "The Kingfish are part of the fabric of summer in Kenosha and even though this won't be a typical summer, we're proud that we can bring affordable family fun and great baseball back to Simmons Field."
There will be a brief "Name the Team" contest for the new Kenosha team on Kingfishbaseball.com where fans can submit name ideas for the new team. Anyone who submits the winning name will win a prize courtesy of the team.
"The Northwoods League is excited to see this new development in Kenosha and we commend their staff for working to make this happen," said Northwoods League, Great Lakes Division President, Matt Bomberg. "We look forward to welcoming Kingfish fans back to Simmons Field for a safe, fun and unique season starting in July."
New protocols and procedures will be in place to ensure the safety of all who enter Historic Simmons Field's gates, including dramatically reduced capacity. The Kingfish will release their complete COVID-19 Readiness Plan on Kingfishbaseball.com in the coming days, or fans can call the Kingfish front office with specific questions at 262.653.0900.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 25, 2020
- Chinooks Cancel 2020 Season Due to COVID-19 Pandemic - Lakeshore Chinooks
- The Northwoods League and the Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for 2020 Season - Northwoods
- Kenosha Kingfish Announce Plans for the 2020 Season - Kenosha Kingfish
- Clark's Car Wash with Eide - Bismarck Larks
- Rox Finalize 2020 Roster - St. Cloud Rox
- Rockford Rivets Set 2020 Roster - Rockford Rivets
- From Basement to Baseball: How Bombers Overcame Pandemic to Get Ready for Season - Battle Creek Bombers
- Vander Wal Leads Powerful Group of Returning Bats - Rockford Rivets
- Dune Bears and Resorters Announce 2020 Rosters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.