July 24, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes
A RAIN DELAY THEN A WALK-OFF - The Harrisburg Senators took an early 2-0 lead over the Portland Sea Dogs after the first inning then the game had to be delayed due to inclement weather. The tarp was put on twice during the 1:37 minute rain delay and then resumed in the top of the second inning. The Sea Dogs mounted their comeback in the bottom of the ninth inning. Portland scored four runs in the ninth to tie the game, 5-5. The Senators moved one run across in the top of the tenth inning, but the Sea Dogs secured the victory in the bottom of the tenth inning. Tanner Nishioka drove home the winning run of the game from third base and Portland won, 7-6.
LAST WALK-OFF WAS WHEN? - Since the addition of the runner starting at second base in extra innings rule was implemented in 2018, the Sea Dogs had been 1-17 at home in extra innings and had not won an extra-inning home game since August 14, 2018.
MAINE RED SNAPPERS - In celebration of National Hot Dog Month (July), the Portland Sea Dogs will become the Maine Red Snappers tonight. The name change pays homage to Maine's iconic red hot dog. Known for their bright red color and snap from the natural casing, Maine's red snapper hot dogs are traditionally served in a split top New England style hot dog bun. The red hot dogs have been the go-to hot dog for many Mainers for over 100 years. As part of the night, the team will wear specially designed Red Snapper jerseys and hats. The Maine Red Snappers logo features an outline of the state of Maine in the background, with a red hot dog in a split top New England style bun holding a baseball bat and wearing a Maine trapper hat.
WELL DESERVED - Prior to tonight's game, LHP Enmanuel De Jesus has been promoted to AAA Worcester. De Jesus had a fantastic July finishing with a 1-0 record with a 2.35 ERA. He appeared in four games and made one start. He tossed 7.2 innings allowing six runs (two earned) on ten hits while walking two and striking out nine.
ON THE MOUND - Josh Winckowski will be on the mound for the Sea Dogs tonight He last pitched 7/18 at Reading and tossed 5.0 innings allowing two runs on six hits while walking one and striking out three. He gave up one home run.Â Winckowski last faced the Senators 6/4 at Harrisburg. He was given the losing decision pitching 5.0 innings allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out two and did not issue a walk. The eight hits and four runs are each season-highs for Winckowski.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from July 24, 2021
- 'Ducks' Crooked Innings Nip Flying Squirrels in 11-7 Defeat - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie Slugs Another Five Home Runs Across Marathon in Binghamton - Erie SeaWolves
- Baty's 6 RBI Propel Ponies to Wild Win over SeaWolves - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve Capitalize on Long Ball to Top Patriots on Saturday Night - Altoona Curve
- Ghost Crabs Walk Off Yard Goats 6-5 - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Bullpen Sharp in 6-0 Loss to Reading Saturday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Score Three in 9th to Drop Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Show Power in Win over Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- Six-Run Fourth Gives R-Phils Victory over Fisher Cats - Reading Fightin Phils
- Red Snappers Walk It off in Back-To-Back Games - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Walked off by Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- July 24, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Information - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.