John Adams Recalled By Houston Aeros
Corpus Christi IceRays defenseman John Adams has been recalled by the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League, General Manager Pat Dunn announced Tuesday afternoon. Adams is in his fourth professional season, and will make his third stint this season with the Aeros. Adams has 18 points (4g, 14a) in 42 games this season for Corpus Christi, and one assist in 13 games this season for Houston. With less than two weeks remaining in the season, the IceRays are currently two points ahead of the Arizona Sundogs and four points in front of the New Mexico Scorpions for the fifth and final playoff spot in the Southern Conference. They will play four games in five nights beginning this Thursday.
Adams, 26, began this season in Houston and was assigned to the IceRays for the first time in November. A former third round pick (#82 overall) of the Buffalo Sabres in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Adams then was recalled by Houston in late December for nearly a month. The 6'2", 195 lbs. blue liner from Wayzata, MN has since been with the IceRays since his return in late January. Houston is 31-23-1-8 this season and currently in second place in the AHL's West Division.
The IceRays will finish a season-long, five-game road trip on Thursday in Odessa and then return to Corpus Christi for their final three home games of the regular season. The IceRays host the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees this Friday and Saturday night at 7:05pm. Saturday is Pack the House For Charity Night on Caller-Times Family Night. Someone will win a $10,000 diamond at the game in the Fine Jewelry Outlet Great Diamond Giveaway Finale. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2009
- 'Bugs Best Brahmas at NyTex - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Brahmas fall at home 2-1 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Honored In CHL Best of the Best Poll - Laredo Bucks
- Two Mudbugs Among CHL Award Finalists - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Colt King Rules Over CHL's Annual Best of the Best - Rocky Mountain Rage
- RiverKings highlight Traumatic Brain Injury Services at The MED - Mississippi RiverKings
- John Adams Recalled By Houston Aeros - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Delforte Rookie Finalist, Scorpions Among the Best in CHL - New Mexico Scorpions
- Thunder Fans Most Annoying For Sixth Straight Year - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Fall To Rio 2-1, Third Place Spot Slipping Away - Laredo Bucks
- Quick-Hit Gorillas Win Weekly Award - CHL
- Sundogs Recognized in Annual CHL Best of the Best - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Best of the "Best of the Best" - Colorado Eagles
- "Best of the Best" Results Announced - CHL
- Ftorek honored twice by CHL - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Honored in "Best of the Best" Poll - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thinel, Moyer, Pierce Finalists for CHL Awards - Odessa Jackalopes
- Beech Among CHL Award Nominees - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale