Joe Thatcher Recalled From Rehab By Padres; Cesar Ramos Optioned To Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. - The San Diego Padres today recalled left-handed pitcher Joe Thatcher from his major league rehabilitation assignment with Portland and optioned left-handed pitcher Cesar Ramos to the Beavers. Also, the Beavers have placed catcher/infielder Eric Munson on the disabled list (retroactive to April 20) with a right toe contusion.
Thatcher, 28, was originally placed on the 15-day disabled list April 4 (retroactive to March 26) with a strained left shoulder. As part of a rehab assignment with the Beavers, he went 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA (2er, 5.0ip) in six relief appearances. Over parts of three seasons with the Padres (2007-09), Thatcher is 3-6 with a 4.03 ERA (41er, 91.2ip) in 99 career relief appearances.
Ramos, 25, has recorded a 3.86 ERA (1er, 2.1ip) in six relief appearances for the Padres this year. Over parts of two seasons with San Diego (2009-10), he is 0-1 with a 3.18 ERA (6er, 17.0ip) in 11 games (2 starts). The Pico Rivera, Calif., native made his major league debut with San Diego last September after spending most of the 2008-09 seasons with Portland. In 43 games (42 starts) for the Beavers the last two seasons, Ramos is 14-17 with a 4.85 ERA (122er, 226.1ip) and 150 strikeouts.
Munson, 32, is hitting .130 (3-for-23) with one home run, one RBI, eight walks and four runs scored in nine games with the Beavers this season.
With today's moves, the Beavers' roster remains at its 24-man limit.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2010
- Sky Sox Take Wet One, 5-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 'Birds Score Walk-Off Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Solve Isotopes in 5-3 Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express Rebound with 5-2 Win over Omaha - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Drop Sounds, 7-4 - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express, Techturn Host High-Tech Recycle Day - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ovations Food Services Chosen For New Ballpark - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Joe Thatcher Recalled From Rehab By Padres; Cesar Ramos Optioned To Portland - Portland Beavers
- Gillespie Recalled By D-Backs, Doubles In First At-Bat - Reno Aces
- Homestand Opens Saturday With Brett Jersey Giveaway - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Grizzlies Will Play Double-Header Starting At 6:05 - Fresno Grizzlies
- 51s Host Sacramento & Colorado Springs For 8 Games From April 24 - May 2 - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss