Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
The American Hockey League announced today that Toronto Marlies forward Jeremy Bracco has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 17, 2019.
Bracco had four consecutive multiple-point games (2-7-9) for Toronto last week.
Bracco registered a goal and an assist in the Marlies' 5-3 loss to Belleville. He scored one goal and set up two others, including the overtime winner, in a 5-4 victory at Hershey on Friday night, and recorded a pair of third-period assists against Lehigh Valley. On Sunday, Bracco picked up two more assists to help the Marlies to a 4-2 win at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He also tied the franchise record for power play assists (29) set by Tim Stapleton in 2008-09.
A second-round selection (61st overall) by Toronto in the 2015 NHL Draft, Bracco leads the AHL with 51 assists and is tied for second with 69 points in 64 games for Toronto this season. In his second year, the Freeport, N.Y. native recorded 32 points in 50 regular-season games as a rookie in 2017-18.
The Toronto Marlies are the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The current Toronto Maple Leafs roster features 14 players who were developed with the Marlies (Connor Brown, Travis Dermott, Jake Gardiner, Frederik Gauthier, Justin Holl, Zach Hyman, Andreas Johnsson, Nazem Kadri, Kasperi Kapanen, Martin Marincin, Trevor Moore, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly and Garret Sparks).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Magic Number Down to 12 - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Announce Black Kachina Sweater as Team's Official Third Jersey - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Week of March 18 - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Week 24 Report: Rockford Sweeps 3-In-3, Retakes 4th Place - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto's Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.