Roadrunners Announce Black Kachina Sweater as Team's Official Third Jersey
TUCSON, AZ - The Tucson Roadrunners, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, and CCM announced today that team's black Kachina CCM sweater will be the Roadrunners' new official third jersey, effective for the 2019-20 season.
Fans of the Roadrunners that purchase or renew their Season Ticket Membership by the club's final regular season game on Saturday, April 13 will receive one (1) replica Roadrunners Kachina sweater per account.
The Roadrunners expand their brand to now include a twist on the Arizona Coyotes reintroduced throwback, 90s-inspired, fan favorite third jersey that the parent club wears each Saturday at Gila River Arena. The Roadrunners will wear the black Kachina jerseys for the club's home opener in October.
"We're very excited to be extending our brand here in Tucson with our very first official third jersey," said Roadrunners President Bob Hoffman. "The Kachina style has become synonymous with the Arizona Coyotes in the sport of hockey and we are confident that our fans and players both enjoy our version here in the Old Pueblo."
The Coyotes wore the original black Kachina jerseys for all road games from 1996-2003. During that time, the team reached the playoffs in five of their first six seasons in the Valley. The Coyotes reintroduced the popular black Kachina jerseys for the first time in 12 years on March 5, 2015 for Throwback Night when Arizona hosted the Vancouver Canucks.
Roadrunners Season Ticket Memberships
The best way to never miss a moment of Roadrunners action, lock in your same great seat for all 34 Roadrunners home games today. Starting at just $11.50 per game, enjoy exclusive benefits that only Season Ticket Members have access to including your own personal Ticketmaster Account Manager, first right to 2020 Calder Cup Playoff tickets, a special membership gift and more! Call the Roadrunners today at 866-774-6253 to speak with your representative.
The 27-22-5-2 Tucson Roadrunners continue to crawl their way back toward a Pacific Division Playoff spot after a weekend sweep of the Stockton Heat. Forward Lane Pederson had five points during the two games in California and continues to pace all Tucson skaters with 16 goals this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Magic Number Down to 12 - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Announce Black Kachina Sweater as Team's Official Third Jersey - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Week of March 18 - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Week 24 Report: Rockford Sweeps 3-In-3, Retakes 4th Place - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto's Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners Announce Opening Night and Additional Dates for 2019-20
- Hockey Continues to Grow with Roadrunners in Tucson
- Pro Footing Found in Tucson; the Roles, Rise, and Reviews of Four Rookies
- Roadrunners Re-Sign Kelly Klima to One-Year Contract
- The Practices Pederson Pushes and His Stellar Sophomore Season