American Hockey League Announces Suspension
March 18, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced that Charlotte Checkers forward Aleksi Saarela has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a high-sticking incident in a game vs. Rochester on Mar. 16.
Saarela was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Charlotte's games Tuesday (Mar. 19) and Wednesday (Mar. 20), both vs. Syracuse.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Magic Number Down to 12 - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Announce Black Kachina Sweater as Team's Official Third Jersey - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Week of March 18 - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Week 24 Report: Rockford Sweeps 3-In-3, Retakes 4th Place - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto's Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.