Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs are challenging fans to beat the locker room's brackets for the 2019 NCAA Basketball Tournament.
*Note: you will need a valid Yahoo! account to join the bracket group*
Fans can pit their college basketball bracket skills against a bracket filled out by defensemen Dennis Gilbert and Josh McArdle, and a bracket by blueliner Joni Tuulola. Each fan who finishes with a better score than both of the IceHogs' brackets will be entered to win an autographed Tuulola practice jersey, and the fan with the top overall score will win a game-worn, autographed Gilbert jersey.
In addition, all entrants into the Beat the Blueliners Bracket Challenge will receive one free ticket to the IceHogs home game on Wednesday, March 27 against the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Tickets can be redeemed by following the FEVO ticket link posted on the "Commissioner's Note" section of the bracket's homepage. The "Commissioner's Note" is located on the top portion of the landing page of the bracket group.
The brackets will be unveiled Sunday night on March 17. However, registration to join the Beat the Blueliners Bracket group is currently open. Fans can access the group and the free ticket link now, and complete their bracket after the matchups are unveiled Sunday night. Each entry is valid for one free ticket to the IceHogs game on March 27, but additional tickets can be purchased for the discounted price of just $10 through the FEVO ticket link.
Brackets must be completed before Yahoo! Sports locks all picks early on Thursday, March 21. The tournament scoring will not include the "First Four" games from March 19-20. Scoring will follow Yahoo! standard scoring format for the tournament.
The IceHogs will post a video detailing Gilbert and McArdle's one bracket, and Tuulola's selections on Thursday, March 21.
The bracket can be accessed HERE (The group name is Beat the Blueliners Challenge)
For questions or additional information, contact the IceHogs on social media or call the IceHogs front office at (815) 986-6465.
Next Home Game: March 16 vs. Cleveland | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs host Dino Night on March 16 at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a FREE bobblehead of Jane, the T-Rex, which is displayed in Rockford's own Burpee Museum of Natural History, courtesy of Register Star Media.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Magic Number Down to 12 - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Announce Black Kachina Sweater as Team's Official Third Jersey - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Brackets Are Set: Take on Tuulola, Gilbert/McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Week of March 18 - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Week 24 Report: Rockford Sweeps 3-In-3, Retakes 4th Place - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto's Jeremy Bracco Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Blackhawks Agree to Extension with Hogs Team MVP Nilsson
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards
- Rockford Eliminated from Playoff Push with Shutout in Iowa