JAKKS Pacific Donates Toys to Pacers Sports & Entertainment for the 9th Year
INDIANAPOLIS - For the ninth consecutive year, JAKKS Pacific Toy Company Chairman & CEO Stephen Berman and his company are providing Pacers Sports & Entertainment a major toy donation for distribution to Hoosier children.
Berman, a close friend of PS&E Owner Herb Simon, and JAKKS Pacific, one of the leading U.S. toy companies, will be providing toys to more than 50 youth-serving non-profit organizations throughout Indiana. The donation is part of the annual Pacers and NBA Season of Giving initiative.
The Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever through their Pacers Cares and Fever Cares programs will tip off a state-wide distribution by joining local police departments in donation ceremonies in Kokomo, Anderson, Richmond, Fort Wayne, Terre Haute. Seymour and select sites in Indianapolis.
In Fort Wayne, the toy distribution will be in partnership with the Mad Ants, the Pacers' NBA G League affiliate. The Mad Ants have partnered with Lutheran Health, Associated Churches, Crossbridge Community Church, Euell A. Wilson Center, First National Baptist Church, Pathfinder Services, Victim Assistance and Wayne Township to aid in distributing more than 5,000 toys to local youth this holiday season.
Pacers mascot Boomer, Fever mascot Freddy Fever, Pacemates and Pacers front office staff will accompany each visit. In Indianapolis, the Pacers and Fever are again partnering with the Indiana National Guard in the distribution of toys to local agencies.
The toy giveaway will be highlighted on tomorrow when the Pacers host Milwaukee at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. There, Berman, Simon, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and members of both teams will participate in a toy distribution during pre-game and in-game festivities.
"For almost a decade now the children of Indiana have been the recipients of Stephen's continued generosity," said Pacers Sports & Entertainment President and COO Rick Fuson. "It's hard to imagine how many children, families and youth-serving organizations have had their holidays brightened because of this man."
JAKKS Pacific is based in California and has been designing, developing, producing and marketing toys and consumer products for children around the world since 1995. JAKKS Cares is the philanthropic arm of JAKKS Pacific and since its inception has donated more than $60 million in toys and monetary endowments to millions of underprivileged children around the world.
PACERS/FEVER JAKKS PACIFIC TOYS VISITS
Friday, Dec. 7, 2:15-3:15 p.m., Kokomo
Thursday, Dec. 13, 11 a.m.-noon, Anderson
Thursday, Dec. 13, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Richmond
Friday, Dec. 14, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Baptist Church - 2323 Fairfield Avenue - Fort Wayne, IN 46807
Wednesday, Dec. 19, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Terre Haute
Thursday, Dec. 20, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Seymour
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 11, 2018
- JAKKS Pacific Donates Toys to Pacers Sports & Entertainment for the 9th Year - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Balanced Magic Take Down Knicks - Lakeland Magic
- Lakeland Tops Westchester, 115-91 - Westchester Knicks
- Noa Parks Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Athlete of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Acquire Tyrius Walker - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Re-Acquire Marcus Thornton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Travels to Lakeland Tuesday - Westchester Knicks
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Daniel Hamilton from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim Named NBA G League President as Malcolm Turner Steps Down - G League
- Stockton Kings Can't Stop Erie BayHawks - Stockton Kings
- Jackson Drops 35 on Memphis - Texas Legends
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight, Defeat Texas Legends 134-125 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.