Ja'Gared Davis Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 3
The Canadian Football League announced Wednesday that Hamilton Tiger-Cats American defensive end Ja'Gared Davis has been named one of the CFL Top Performers for Week 2.
Davis, 28, recorded seven defensive tackles, three quarterback sacks, one tackle for loss and one pass knockdown in Hamilton's 41-10 home win Friday over the Montreal Alouettes at Tim Hortons Field. The 6-1, 238-pound native of Crockett, Texas is second in the CFL this season with three sacks in as many games.
Saskatchewan's Cody Fajardo and Calgary's Eric Rodgers, first and second in voting, respectively, join Davis as this week's CFL Top Performers. The three players were chosen by a panel of judges who independently send their selections to the CFL head office. The panel includes former Canadian Football League players Matt Dunigan and Duane Forde of TSN and Pierre Vercheval of RDS.
Tiger-Cats named CFL Top Performers of the Week this season:
Sean Thomas Erlington - Week 2 (3rd)
Ja'Gared Davis - Week 3 (3rd)
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 3, 2019
- Argos Sign American DB Crezdon Butler to Practice Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Trevor Harris, Brandon Banks, and Sean Thomas Erlington named June's Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Ferraro Added to Practice Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Trevor Harris Named CFL Player of the Month - Edmonton Eskimos
- Banks and Thomas Erlington Named CFL Top Performers of the Month for June - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- A Hint of the Grey Cup Fun to Come at this Year's Calgary Stampede - Calgary Stampeders
- 50/50 Jackpot Guaranteed to Hit $60K at Friday's RedBlacks Game - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Santiago Added to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Ja'Gared Davis Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 3 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Rogers Earns Player-Of-The-Week Honours - Calgary Stampeders
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for Week 3 - CFL
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.