Jacks Win Fourth Straight, 4-2, Over Bees
HIDALGO, TX - Mike Mole's 41-saves and Todd Robinson's two goals sparked the Odessa Jackalopes to a 4-2 win over the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees on Tuesday night at State Farm Arena. The win was Odessa's fourth straight, and extended their lead for fifth place in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference to four points over the Mississippi RiverKings.
Robinson's two goals extended his point streak to 15 games - two shy of the team high set by Sebastien Thinel. Mole's 40-save performance was his second in his last three meetings against the Bees.
Robinson opened up the game's scoring 6:52 into the second period on a breakaway that was set up by a Sebastien Thinel pass through the neutral zone. Mike Ramsay then made it a 2-0 game on the power play with three minutes remaining in the frame after Thinel found him at the front of the net.
Darcy Campbell provided a third period charge for the Bees, scoring 33 seconds in and again on the power play midway through. 37 seconds after Campbell's tying goal, Matt Gens gave Odessa the lead for good with a slap shot from the top of the right circle. Robinson added an empty-net goal with a minute remaining to finalize the 4-2 score.
Mole's play in net improved his record to 6-1-0 on the year. Jerad Kauffmann stopped 39 shots in the loss for Rio Grande Valley.
Prior to the game Morgan MacLean signed for his second stint with the Jackalopes this season, but missed the first period due to travel delays.
The Jackalopes now travel to Louisiana to close the regular season with a home-and-home series with the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs. Friday's game is set for 7:05 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2011
- Allen Defeats Texas for 9th Time in 11 Meetings - Allen Americans
- Brahmas Pounded in Final Regular Season Meeting with Allen, 5-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Hold off Thunder, 5-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Win Fourth Straight, 4-2, Over Bees - Odessa Jackalopes
- PrairieThunder Defeats Fort Wayne 4-1 on Tuesday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Campbell Nets Two in 4-2 Loss to Jacks - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Top Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Aid Meals on Wheels - Tulsa Oilers
- Eagles Sweep Weekly Awards; Jones Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Dayton Gems Playoff Tickets Go on Sale March 23 - Dayton Gems
- Komets Assigned Defenseman Matt Krug - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tons of Fun on Friday from the Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks' Simon Watson Named CHL Man of the Year - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Simon Watson Named CHL Man of the Year - CHL
- Bucks Look for Playoff Spot this Weekend - Laredo Bucks
- Gems and ITT hosting four military personnel to be "Gems for a Day" - Dayton Gems
- Jacks to Hold "Autism Awareness Night" Saturday - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.