Jacks to Hold "Autism Awareness Night" Saturday
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes and the Permian Basin Chapter of Walk Now for Autism Speaks will be on hand March 26th for the Jacks final game of the season. Join us in raising awareness and supporting Autism Speaks while watching the Jackalopes take on Bossier-Shreveport.
A portion of ticket sales will be donated to Autism Speaks and there will be a 50/50 raffle as well as a raffle for a jersey and a hockey stick signed by the Jacks team. Participation will help to raise awareness about the increasing prevalence of autism, fund innovative autism research, family services, and advocate for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
Autism is a complex neurobiological disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships, and is often accompanied by behavioral challenges. Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed in one in 110 children in the United States, affecting four times as many boys as girls. The prevalence of autism increased 57 percent from 2002 to 2006. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure remain unknown.
About Autism Speaks
Autism Speaks is the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2011
- Allen Defeats Texas for 9th Time in 11 Meetings - Allen Americans
- Brahmas Pounded in Final Regular Season Meeting with Allen, 5-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Hold off Thunder, 5-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Win Fourth Straight, 4-2, Over Bees - Odessa Jackalopes
- PrairieThunder Defeats Fort Wayne 4-1 on Tuesday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Campbell Nets Two in 4-2 Loss to Jacks - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Top Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Aid Meals on Wheels - Tulsa Oilers
- Eagles Sweep Weekly Awards; Jones Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Dayton Gems Playoff Tickets Go on Sale March 23 - Dayton Gems
- Komets Assigned Defenseman Matt Krug - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tons of Fun on Friday from the Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks' Simon Watson Named CHL Man of the Year - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Simon Watson Named CHL Man of the Year - CHL
- Bucks Look for Playoff Spot this Weekend - Laredo Bucks
- Gems and ITT hosting four military personnel to be "Gems for a Day" - Dayton Gems
- Jacks to Hold "Autism Awareness Night" Saturday - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.