Jacks Lose to Mudbugs, 4-1
ODESSA, TX - Four different players scored for the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on Saturday night in their 4-1 win over the Odessa Jackalopes at the Ector County Colisuem. The loss brings Sebastien Thinel's point streak to an end at 10 games for Odessa.
The loss drops the Jackalopes to 8-12-1 on the year.
The Mudbugs carried a 3-0 lead into the third period before Todd Robinson scored the only goal of the contest for the Jacks - a shorthanded marker midway through the period for his 10th of the season. Joe Blaznek closed the door on any comeback hopes for Odessa however, scoring for the Mudbugs with just over six minutes left to play.
The Mudbugs jumped out to a quick lead scoring just over two minutes into the contest on an awkward situation. Dave Van Drunen's pass from behind the Odessa net deflected off the referee's skates in the right circle and onto the stick of Jeff Kyrzakos, who buried his eighth goal of the season. David Rutherford then scored his league-leading, 16th goal of the year at 8:40 with a backhand shot from the slot to give the Bugs a 2-0 lead after the opening frame.
Kevin Seibel added one more for the Bugs with 1:24 remaining in the second period to extend Bossier-Shreveport's lead to 3-0. It was Seibel's first goal of the season.
John DeCaro put together a 35-save effort for the Mudbugs, while Joel Martin took the loss stopping 25 shots. With the win, Bossier-Shreveport continues their perch at the top of the CHL with a 17-6-0 record.
The Jackalopes close out their homestand on Tuesday in their first meeting of the season against the Arizona Sundogs. Game time is set for 7:05 PM. The game can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2010
- Rapid City Edges Mallards 2-1 - Quad City Mallards
- It's a Natural Summers, RiverKings Blank Wichita - Mississippi RiverKings
- Musitelli Picks up Three Points in 5-4 Shootout Loss to Laredo - Allen Americans
- Texas Soars Over Eagles 4-1 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Tally Season-High Seven Goals, Szuper Nearly Perfect in 7-1 Rout of Rio Grande Valley - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Streak Ends in Overtime Loss to Tulsa, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Arizona - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Eagles Remain Winless at NYTEX, Lose 4-1 - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Defeats Evansville 3-2 in Overtime on Saturday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Dayton Shoots Past Fort Wayne 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- DeCaro Turns Aside 36 as Mudbugs Stop Jacks - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Stun Allen in Shootout 5-4 - Laredo Bucks
- Jacks Lose to Mudbugs, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- RiverKings Blank Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles Add Another Rookie in Chorneyko - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Versus Mallards Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Weekend Preview - Fort Wayne - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Three Game Weekend - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Drop Shootout Decision in First Meeting with Mallards - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.