Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - It was a rough weekend for the Odessa Jackalopes after being swept by the Rapid City Rush in a two-game set, but now the Jacks prepare for four home games over the next five nights. Odessa finds themselves just four points out of second place in the CHL's Berry Conference entering the week.
Last week's record: 0-2-0
Season overall: 19-17-5
Friday vs. Rapid City, 6-5 Loss
Rapid City's Les Reaney and Konrad Reeder, plus Odessa's Mike Lesperance all scored two goals in the game. Both teams combined for seven power play goals, as the Rush overcame a pair of two-goal deficits in the comeback win.
Saturday vs. Rapid City, 3-1 Loss
Konrad Reeder's empty-net goal with four seconds to play was the only goal in the third period and sealed the weekend sweep. Phil Plante scored Odessa's only goal. Ryan Menei and Vladamir Hartinger also scored for Rapid City.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Texas, 7:05 PM CST
It's the seventh meeting of the season between the Jacks and Brahmas. Odessa is 2-3-1 against Texas this season and has been outscored 28-22 in the series. The Brahmas' Greg Hogeboom leads all skaters with 12 points in the series, five goals and seven assists.
Wednesday vs. Rapid City, 7:05 PM CST
It's the third meeting in less than a week between the Jackalopes and Rush. The two teams have split their first four meetings this season, with the road team winning every time. Odessa has outscored the Rush 17-11 in the season series.
Friday vs. Colorado, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Colorado, 7:05 PM CST
The rivalry resumes between Odessa and Colorado as the Jacks are 2-2-1 against the Eagles this season. Each of the last three meetings has been decided by just a goal, two of them after regulation. It's the sixth time this year the two teams have hooked up.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Mike Ramsay is on a six-game point streak for the Jackalopes.Friday's game vs. Rapid City was the season debut for Jean Bourbeau, who spent the first three months of the season with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League and played in 25 games.Matt Gens also made his debut for the Jacks on Saturday.Saturday's game vs. Rapid City was just the fourth time this season Sebastien Thinel and Todd Robinson both failed to register a point in a game.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 31, 2011
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Komets Announce Game Date Change; Feb 21 Game at Bloomington Moved to March 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Sprinting to a Dog-Gone Special Night - Mississippi RiverKings
- Winter Storm Plays Havoc with CHL Schedule - CHL
- Mallards Game at Bloomington Scheduled for Tomorrow Night Postponed - Quad City Mallards
- Major Winter Storm Impacts PrairieThunder Schedule - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Colorado's Nelson Named Oakley CHL Player - Colorado Eagles
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Game Cancelled - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Pechurskiy Returns, St. Pierre Waived by RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Announce Junior Reporter Program - Allen Americans
- Komets Southern Sweep Nets Six Points - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tuesday's Game Postponed to March 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Reschedule Tuesday's Game Vs. Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Start Series in Arizona Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Dayton Gems - Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Second Place Oilers Hit Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.