Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - After splitting a pair of games against the Bucks over the weekend, the Odessa Jackalopes now embark on a four-game road trip that will begin Tuesday in Laredo.
Last week's record: 1-1-0
Season overall: 2-4-0
Friday vs. Laredo, 6-1 Loss
Laredo's Neil Trimm tallied a pair of goals and assists for a four-point night against Odessa in the 6-1, Laredo win. Odessa's Kenny Bernard netted the only goal of the game for the Jackalopes. It was Odessa's third straight loss.
Saturday vs. Laredo, 4-2 Loss
The Jackalopes snapped their three-game skid thanks to three-point nights by Todd Robinson and Dominic Leveille, who both had a goal and two assists. Sebastien Thinel's assist on Robinson's goal in the first period was the 600th point of his pro career. Thinel also added a goal in the game. Joel Martin stopped 31 shots in the win for Odessa.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday at Laredo, 7:00 PM
The Jackalopes and Bucks wrap up their three-game set at Laredo Energy Arena on Tuesday. The contest will be Odessa's first on Laredo ice this season, and will kick off a four-game road trip for the Jackalopes.
Friday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:30 PM
Saturday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:30 PM
It will be the first two meetings of the season between the Jacks and Killer Bees. Rio Grande Valley is off to a solid start going 3-2-2 in their first seven games this season. The Bees are paced offensively by Tomas Klempa who has four goals and five assists this season for the Bees.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Mike Ramsay's goal against Laredo on Saturday puts him with two goals of the 100 mark in his pro career.Sebastien Thinel is five games away from breaking Scott Hillman's franchise record for most games played by a Jacks player (446).Saturday's contest between Odessa and Laredo was the 40th all-time meeting between the two clubs, both teams have won 20 games in the series.Kenny Bernard is currently on a three-game point streak for the Jackalopes with two goals and assist over that span.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2010
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita's Steve Kaunisto Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Kaunisto Earns Player of the Week Honors - Wichita Thunder
- Gems in the Community - Dayton Gems
- Komets Return Home for Back-To-Back Games this Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bucks Start Long Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Colorado Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Battling The Big M's - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.