Jack Lifts Skyforce over Spurs
SIOUX FALLS, SD - Behind five free-throws from Jarrett Jack in the final minute, the Sioux Falls Skyforce was able to defeat the Austin Spurs 100-99 on Tuesday evening at the Sanford Pentagon.
The victory marks the third in a row for the Skyforce (20-19), who go above .500 for the first time since November 10.
Jack (24 points, seven assists and four rebounds) paced the Skyforce in the opening period, as they claimed a 21-13 advantage. Sioux Falls also held Austin (21-15) to just 27.3-percent shooting (6-22 FG) in the quarter.
The Spurs edged the Skyforce by two points in the second quarter, but Sioux Falls held a 48-42 lead at intermission. With the victory, the Skyforce move to 20-3 on the season when they own the lead at halftime.
Behind San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Jonson (31 points on 13-18 FG), Austin went on a 21-9 run to the 4:36 mark of the third period to take a six-point lead, which was its biggest of the game. Sioux Falls answered with an 11-4 run of its own to end the quarter and reclaim a 68-67 edge with just 12 minutes remaining.
Jeff Ledbetter (17 points on 5-7 FG) sunk three free-throws with 13.2 seconds left to tie the contest for the Spurs. Jack hit one-of-two at the line on the following possession with just a second left in the game to tie the Texas Legends in a race for the sixth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu (11 points on 4-15 FG and 13 rebounds) posted his fifth double-double of the season, while two-way player Quinndary Weatherspoon chipped in 10 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
The contest marks the second-straight game where six-or-more Skyforce players have reached double-figures in scoring. Alongside Jack, Marcus Lee (17 points), Bubu Palo (14 points), Daryl Macon (12 points), Mychal Mulder (11 points) and Tim Quarterman (10 points) each scored 10-or-more points in the win.
Sioux Falls hits the road on Friday in what will be a pivotal game with the Texas Legends (19-18) at 7:30 PM CT. The Legends host the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Wednesday, before playing the Skyforce. The Spurs travel west to face the Agua Caliente Clippers (19-19) at 7:00PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2020
- Wisconsin Edges Delaware 133-128 - Wisconsin Herd
- Austin Spurs Fall Short to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Austin Spurs
- Jack Lifts Skyforce over Spurs - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short, BayHawks Lose 110-112 - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Hold on for Fourth-Straight Win - Canton Charge
- Stephan Hicks Breaks Fort Wayne Mad Ants Three Point Franchise Record - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Complete Trade with Santa Cruz - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Acquire Jonathan Simmons in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Withers Scores 30 in Drive Rout - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Roll Behind Tacko's Monster Double-Double - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd's Buford Suspended - Wisconsin Herd
- Winning Steak Ends at Three, Bulls Go Down in Grand Rapids 116-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Ivan Rabb Returns to Westchester; Hickman Waived - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Fall to Hot Shooting Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Soar Past Salt Lake City Stars, 140-110 - Stockton Kings
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente