Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short, BayHawks Lose 110-112
ERIE, PA - A late, fourth quarter surge proved to no avail as the Erie BayHawks fell 110-112 to the Lakeland Magic (20-17) on Tuesday evening.
Down 11 (92-103) late in the fourth, the BayHawks (10-27) went on a 15-6 run to bring the game within two points with 12.7 seconds remaining. Josh Gray helped spark Erie's run, scoring six of his game-high tying 27 points during that stretch. In the fourth quarter alone, Gray was perfect from the field, going 4-4 from the field and 4-4 from the charity stripe.
Two free throws from Lakeland's guard Andrew Rowsey, however, would all-but ice the game as Erie turned the ball over on their following possession. Rowsey provided solid minutes off the bench for the Magic, contributing 16 points off the bench.
Zylan Cheatham continues to be a menace on the boards for Erie, logging his fourth-straight game with at least 15 points and 15 rebounds. Cheatham registered 20 points on 9-13 shooting and a game-high 16 rebounds, notching his 17th double-double of the season.
Magic two-way forward BJ Johnson (27 PTS/5 REB) and Josh Magette (23 PTS|7 AST) led the Magic to victory on the evening, as the duo combined for 50 points on 17-30 (.567) shooting from the field.
One last notable performance for the BayHawks tonight was the play of guard Tony Carr. In his first start of the season, Carr notched 10 points, a game-high eight assists and six rebounds in 31 minutes. In his last three home games, Carr is averaging 12.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists.
Following tonight's contest, Erie hits the road for a two-game road trip against the Long Island Nets (Feb. 27) and Maine Red Claws (Feb. 29). Tip is set for 7 p.m. ET for both contests.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2020
- Wisconsin Edges Delaware 133-128 - Wisconsin Herd
- Austin Spurs Fall Short to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Austin Spurs
- Jack Lifts Skyforce over Spurs - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short, BayHawks Lose 110-112 - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Hold on for Fourth-Straight Win - Canton Charge
- Stephan Hicks Breaks Fort Wayne Mad Ants Three Point Franchise Record - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Complete Trade with Santa Cruz - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Acquire Jonathan Simmons in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Withers Scores 30 in Drive Rout - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Roll Behind Tacko's Monster Double-Double - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd's Buford Suspended - Wisconsin Herd
- Winning Steak Ends at Three, Bulls Go Down in Grand Rapids 116-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Ivan Rabb Returns to Westchester; Hickman Waived - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Fall to Hot Shooting Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Soar Past Salt Lake City Stars, 140-110 - Stockton Kings
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.